Cavalex Models All new RTR HAA and variants in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

Sorry if this has been asked before but do the HAA’s from the two different retailers have different numbers on them? So 36 different numbered wagons in total or the same 18 from both,thanks, Rob

Just now, taliesin said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but do the HAA’s from the two different retailers have different numbers on them? So 36 different numbered wagons in total or the same 18 from both,thanks, Rob

Different numbers, if you buy all of the red cradle packs from both retailers you will have a full 36 wagon rake with unique decoration on every wagon. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, RBE said:

Different numbers, if you buy all of the red cradle packs from both retailers you will have a full 36 wagon rake with unique decoration on every wagon. 

I did this. Can verify they're 36 different numbers. 😁

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Me too - see attached file for the HAA & HOP32AB's 

There are two duplicate's - 350006 & 350023 - both in ACC-2555 and also both in Cavalex HOP AB triple pack #1.

The red cradle statement in the post above IS correct though 

MGR Comparison.xlsx

Edited by Southernman46
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, RBE said:

Many thanks for confirming 👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got myself a triple pack. I am wondering if people know a good way to make coal loads from scratch. What technique do you use? What I have in mind is to make a card base and a sort of papier-mâché mound with smooth that off with something then putting the coal on that smooth surface.

10 hours ago, JN said:

I got myself a triple pack. I am wondering if people know a good way to make coal loads from scratch. What technique do you use? What I have in mind is to make a card base and a sort of papier-mâché mound with smooth that off with something then putting the coal on that smooth surface.

Hi JN

I bought some superb coal loads from smuggler7 on EBay. He has also done loads for many other wagon types and they are excellent without being over expensive.

John

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
58 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Hi JN

I bought some superb coal loads from smuggler7 on EBay. He has also done loads for many other wagon types and they are excellent without being over expensive.

John

I'd seen them but have been umming and arring, wondering about the quality. So now I know they're good, will get some ordered myself. Thanks!

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Hi JN

John

Could you post a link please as I'm struggling to find the seller on EBay.

Douglas

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

Hi JN

John

Thank you for tip. Will check the store out.

On 03/03/2024 at 08:04, JohnC said:

Hi JN

John

Thank you for that. His loads certainly do look impressive. I remember asking Accurascale if they would be making loads for their HAAs as was done for the PFA wagons (was not a deal breaker) and someone told me I should be making my own loads. Anyway, I have just got myself some loads from the smuggler7 ebay store. A few of the other loads look impressive, too. Thanks again.

Edited by JN
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi sorry as I’m a bit late to the party here.

I’ve recently returned to the hobby and decided to research and want a load of these to go behind either my Accurascale EWS 66 or Cavalex 56s in Loadhaul / EWS. I intend to model around 2000 onwards at a location in West Central Scotland so the Hunterston MGR flows to Longannet are ideal to replicate. I also intend to also replicate the HTA / HHAs also.

As well as this site, I have researched various DVDs of Scottish Diesels, Locomotion DVD of National Grid, YouTube and also Flickr.

However, due to the condition of the dirt / grime on the prototypes on the platforms I’ve researched already, I cannot work out what Cavalax HAA variants I would need for the period I'm modelling. Is it red cradles or indeed EWS branded cradles?

I’m unsure if the older OHLE warning signs on the Cavakex model remained on the actual wagons up to their withdrawal and to date I’m unable to find any evidence of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated please. I don’t want to take an expensive plunge and realise that the models are not for the era I need.

Also regards the KMS Railtech blue variants, can I ask if are these are the Scottish wagons with the saltire or mainline blue?

Many thanks.

Colin

Edited by puffmeister-general

The KMS blue ones represent the Scottish saltire versions, however they're missing the flag on the blue frame due to copyright reasons 🤦‍♂️ I didn't even know a national flag was copyright protected!

I've got 6 Harburn Hobbies limited edition Hornby versions from years ago which all have the saltire on them, as have a bit of a soft spot for anything Scottish.