If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Egger Bahn HOe No 3

Andy MRE

Hello, I had a slight accident yesterday and broke my Egger Bahn number HOe 3 loco  :cry:

It still runs thankfully but the chimney is badly bent. 

It was my favourite loco and I'd like to replace it. Have checked my usual suppliers but none available so reaching out here in the hope that someone has have one of these they'd let go for a reasonable price or know somewhere I could get it? 

Thanks,

I can't recall a steam No.3 either, but the chimneys are all turned brass IIRC, the fixing screw being an integral part of the turning.

So, you might be able to straighten it, at least sufficiently, by unscrewing it and working on it carefully. But, brass does embrittle with work, so can snap as you attempt to "bend it straight", and any attempt to use heat can go awry because with the tiniest bit of excess heat it suddenly loses all strength and comes apart.

Option 2: try to find a non-working one (ebay sellers aren't famous for fessing-up on that point though!) and swap the chimney or entire body.

Edited by Nearholmer

Fat fingers on my part, it's number 2 not three. I'm trying to straighten it but the lamp at the front is in the way and it's not turning to unscrew. Will keep trying but it's not looking promising. Will keep looking for a 'spares and repairs' listing on ebay.