Limby Class 67

miles73128

Hi 

I have a Hornby (ex Lima) class 67 that I want to remove the body, to install TTS. Whilst I’ve got the instructions-the body unclips from the chassis- theres nowhere to insert any levers or fingers!  
The body side is flush with the chassis sole bar. Has anybody practical experience of removing a Limby body without damaging the paintwork? 
Thanks in advance. 

Hi Miles

I asked this very same question on this forum years ago. The body is a (very) tight fit to the plastic chassis. You will need some stiff card or plasticard and look for where the body overlaps the black chassis. Pull the body back slightly and insert a slither of card/plasticard one side. Do the same the other side and repeat further along the body.

Don't go for the cabs, start mid body.

If I get chance tonight I'll post some photos to explain better.

To be honest although its a tight fit i prefer this than stupidly tight factory fitted screws.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, D9502 said:

Hi Miles

I asked this very same question on this forum years ago. The body is a (very) tight fit to the plastic chassis. You will need some stiff card or plasticard and look for where the body overlaps the black chassis. Pull the body back slightly and insert a slither of card/plasticard one side. Do the same the other side and repeat further along the body.

Don't go for the cabs, start mid body.

If I get chance tonight I'll post some photos to explain better.

To be honest although its a tight fit i prefer this than stupidly tight factory fitted screws.

Thanks!

Hold the loco upside down and grip the fuel tank firmly, with the other hand grip the centre of the body and firmly pull the body away as if you're peeling an orange (i.e. lever it away).

there should be a slight gap now between body and chassis which will allow you get a fingernail in to prise apart or use a piece of card/plasticard

Lima67.jpg.5331176310388d9d3e04f03b8322b55e.jpg

It is a very tight fit so be positive about pulling it apart.

There are four clips holding the body to the chassis, two each side directly above the centre of the bogies.

sorry i couldn't get a better photo, hand to hold the camera with t'other hand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1