Hull Pullman formation?

w124bob

Looking here http://www.emgauge70s.co.uk/proto_pullman.html gives me the formation , but does anyone have more specific information on the MK1 catering vehicles . Does the buffet refer to an RMB and Restaurant to an RB, a seating coach RU or an RBR(when did the refurbishment start?). My train is for the forth coming Accurascale Deltic 9021 , so I would like to get it as close as possible. So far my hunt for pictures hasn't turned up anything showing the MK1 end of the train.

Not certain about the Hull Pullman but the Yorkshire Pullman from 71 (and I think TT Pullman from 69) was a AL401, 402 or 403 RU (diagram 23/23a/23b) along with a RMB. This continued with the Mk2d stock introduced by May 1971, there were 9 ab RU allocated to the ER.  AL401/402/403 were the original form (as the Bach/Farish) model with 5 or 6 seating bays). The RUB was similar on the outside and may have be subbed as ER had a few. No photo I have seen has either a RBs(exRU) or RB in use on Pullmans of this livery. RBRs were later if you are looking at early 70's.

It is worth noting that from 68-71 (until the remaining pullmans were dual baked / dual heated) they were the only front line rakes with MK1 day coaches. The Mk2a coaches were air braked so the pullmans were stuck with late 100 mph vb steam heated Mk1s e.g. 26138-26217 (lot 30726) SKs and e.g. 35344-35368 (Lot 30699) or 35408-35446 (Lot 30721) BSKs

Of the list of sets on the linked site the only one which cannot be created from RTR models is the Tyne Tees Pullman. Neither of the ER Griddle cars are anywhere close to what is available. 

The Hull Pullman had a RMB (toilet north end)  the seating area at the south end was laid up for dining.

and an RU (kitchen south end). 1874 and 1975 were regulars on it when it switched to mk2ds.

Edited by 45125

In a couple of books I have it would seem that the Bradford portion got the fresh engine at Leeds. With what looks like the Ex Cross loco working the Harrogate portion, as this always appears in pictures with a type 4, whilst the Bradord section got one Holbecks many Sulzer type 2's. Of cause I'm happy to be proved wrong, the sensible thing would be to model one half of this train. Except the Bachmann Kitchen 2nd's just aren't coming up for sale at the moment and I rarely do sensible !