Bachmann Transfers Falling Off

Ive owned my colas rail 37 for a week and already the 'L' on the colas raiL logo has fell off! Bachmann need to sort this issue out theyre extremely fragile

all ive done to it is wiring the shell has been handled twice and the transfrers are loose? this isn't good enough

i dont really want to buy a new bodyshell, is there anything i can do about this?

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Enterprisingwestern said:

Are not Bachmann "transfers" tampo printed, or is that just the smaller items?

Mike.

I was just wondering the same, I thought it was printing rather than transfers. I've not heard of other people having "this issue" so maybe its a problem with that particular model? 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Are not Bachmann "transfers" tampo printed

Indeed they are which set my senses twitching in the first place. Paint doesn't tend to "fall off".

• Agree 2

Its weird, the loco is brand new, ive literally touched the shell twice and the transfers loose, they are not stuck down very well at all, suppose i could get some black lines waterslide transfers and replaced the damaged area, but quality is slipping with these models

32 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

If you'd said that initially I wouldn't have advised contacting the retailer.

Check if this is the appropriate set https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=1662 and get to work then.

Thats ideal thank you so much

I think after ive redone them im going to give the shell a dusting with satin varnish with my airbrush, the factory ones have no protection as theyre put on the shell last

Edited by Graham Radish

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Indeed they are which set my senses twitching in the first place. Paint doesn't tend to "fall off".

It wouldn't surprise me if it were a repaint, Colas seems a pretty common scheme for repaints. Otherwise, I wondered if maybe the packaging were too tight or mis-shapen so it's been rubbing on that part of the logo. 

Did the L actually visibly "fall of" in one piece in your hand or has it just disappeared? The former suggests a transfer, which suggests a repaint (I can think of at least one place where a repainted new model would probably be sold as "new" but we'd better not get sidetracked into that here). 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Graham Radish said:

Its weird, the loco is brand new, ive literally touched the shell twice and the transfers loose, they are not stuck down very well at all, suppose i could get some black lines waterslide transfers and replaced the damaged area, but quality is slipping with these models

Could you maybe post a picture of the whole model and a close-up of the logo? Is there any issue with the rest of the logos?

Contact Rails again , wiring or not it is a " wrong un" , they should know where it has come from. Depending on how it was listed for sale ,they cant just refuse to assist further.

It does'nt look like a factory product they dont use waterslide transfers.

• Agree 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Graham Radish said:

Inside the box 190926

DSC00021[1].JPG

It is a genuine recent release then matching a production/packaging date of 26 Sep last year. I would suggest a courteous call to Bachmann's service centre to see if they can assist and refer them to your pictures which will aid them.

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Could it be that some surface contamination, acquired after painting, has prevented the tampo(?) printing from adhering properly?

John Isherwood.

Yes, I wondered that too, it seems to have affected the bottom of the i and f slightly as well

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, JDW said:

Yes, I wondered that too, it seems to have affected the bottom of the i and f slightly as well

I just ordered the waterslide transfer kit from the link above, theyre all coming off now you cant even touch them, just marked up with my parker pencil ready for when they arrive, 

10 hours ago, Graham Radish said:

I just ordered the waterslide transfer kit from the link above, theyre all coming off now you cant even touch them, just marked up with my parker pencil ready for when they arrive, 

I have to say that, if it were mine, it would be on it's way back to Rails.

John Isherwood.