Bachmann Transfers Falling Off

1 hour ago, Graham Radish said:

Ive Gotta learn how to do transfers sometime m8 lol

Please, I am not your mate (m8)!

If you wish to learn how to apply transfers; (Gotta learn how to do transfers)?; I would suggest that you would be better doing so on a kit that you have built; rather than on an expensive RTR model that should have been perfect on reciept.

John Isherwood.

4 hours ago, micklner said:

Yes , but on a old cheap body, tell Bachmann otherwise they wont know of the problem, they can then do something about actually curing the problem .

To an extent, the problem is simple to rectify, from new you need to give the body a dusting of varnish because Bachmann are too lazy to do it themselves, the actual paintwork underneath the decals is rock solid but all Bachmann locos seem to suffer from this issue, the decals have no protective clearcoat

also worth noting no real locos are a satin finish theyre gloss, satin paint offers no protection from the elements whatsoever and decals will not bond to satin.

1.jpg

Edited by Graham Radish

2 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Please, I am not your mate (m8)!

If you wish to learn how to apply transfers; (Gotta learn how to do transfers)?; I would suggest that you would be better doing so on a kit that you have built; rather than on an expensive RTR model that should have been perfect on reciept.

John Isherwood.

It was perfect on receipt, until you do any kind of handling of the bodyshell.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Graham Radish said:

all Bachmann locos seem to suffer from this issue,

Really? Where's your evidence?

If this was a widespread issue the pages would be littered with complaints. As previously explained they're not transfers, it's a tampo paint application.

• Agree 1

Just now, AY Mod said:

Really? Where's your evidence?

If this was a widespread issue the pages would be littered with complaints. As previously explained they're not transfers, it's a tampo paint application.

It is tampo yea, all my n gauge Bachmann locos the decals are a bit dodgy especially on the colas rail ones

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Graham Radish said:

all my n gauge Bachmann locos the decals are a bit dodgy

Why are we not seeing this reported by others more frequently? It's not like RMweb members aren't quick to highlight issues.

Have you got more photographic evidence?

• Agree 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Graham Radish said:

It only seems to be affecting colas and freightliner

So it's not all locos then.

There's plenty of questions on here where modellers ask how they can remove numbers/logos. You could have a nice little sideline ahead.

• Like 1

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Got to admit, I’ve not seen or heard of anyone else having these issues with “transfers” coming off. Given the nature of the internet, pretty sure it would have been all over the various outlets by now if this was the case. 

I've discussed the case with Bachmann and they haven't had any other reports for this or any other models for any similar issues.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

5 hours ago, Butler Henderson said:

The lining and lettering on Kader made models can often be removed with enamel thinners, useful if it works when renumbering.

The lettering on Bachmann stuff can be removed with a cocktail stick, i think this is going to be the last Bachmann i buy, in future i think its gonna be hattons stuff i buy, im sick and tired of this.

Edited by Graham Radish

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Graham Radish said:

Isn't that convenient for them.

I won't bother discussing an issue next time, I didn't need to.

14 minutes ago, Graham Radish said:

im sick and tired of this.

I don't think there's any purpose in further sensible discourse.

• Agree 6

• AY Mod locked this topic