Wiring Points on a Traverser Deck

Ray Von

1070940319_IMG_20200919_1056245922.jpg.ec5f67b5427cb062b9538ca9ff087dff.jpgWhen this traverser is eventually built the top line will be split into two tracks with traffic entering and exiting at the right hand side.  Obviously if I wire it in the traditional way (ie positive and negative at the right of the picture) all well and good.  But, I think the powered rail joiners will widen the gap between the deck and the static part of the layout.

I'm nowhere near my layout right now and was trying to recall if power could be supplied using a single pair of power feeds on one each of the outgoing rails? (The left side of the points) or would this result in no power at the entry side of the points?

I don't want power to both tracks at once - that would be too easy(!) 

The points are insulfrog by the way.

Edited by Ray Von

39 minutes ago, Grovenor said:

You can supply power to a rail anywhere along its length so long as it has no insulated joiners, which your example won't have.

Thanks, these will share a power feed though, and I can't remember if that will work if I place a one joiner on the inside rail and one joiner on the outer? Will power still go to the whole set up including the entry to the points?

*Edit*

Here's a crude diagram of what I mean:IMG_20200919_182500638.jpg.c7f7c733afe54a6948e698a0d4310af8.jpg

If this is the ONLY power supply, would it work?

Edited by Ray Von
Added Photo