BR basic railways

uax6

• RMweb Premium

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction here.

I can remember reading a website that described the BR basic railways and in particular the Lynn Hunstanton one. I can't for the life of me remember what that website was, and I can no longer find it with google. Does anyone have any clues please?

Thanks

Andy G

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for that Richard, its a fascinating piece of paper!

I find it a bit strange that every crossing has a track cct Y and Z, surely something that would cause confusion at some point.

The layout at Hunny is also an interesting one, I wonder if it was to allow loco and coaches to run to the station, propel back into the sidings and then run round 'locked inside' so allowing the normal service to run without hindrance? Did this ever happen?

What would be interesting would be to see how much all this work was costed at, and the expected savings to be gained, with effectively only the crossing keeper at Hunny remaining (and presumable acting as some grade of signalman?).

It might be worth sending this to the pressure group who are hoping to reopen the branch..... ;-)

Andy G

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Lovely picture Richard.

Do you happen to have any details of the style of light units and equipment that was fitted at both the OACL's and AHBC's please?

Andy G

• RMweb Premium