AC Model - having issues Pandemic or otherwise?

NGM

Hi all hope this question is not against the rules but

Anyone know if AC Models in Eastleigh are still trading

Got a couple of order issues and all emails are bouncing as mailbox full and no one is answering the phone, are they still going or have they shut down but still have their online ordering system running. Taking money but not shipping ?

Thanks

NGM

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, NGM said:

Taking money but not shipping ?

Good grief!

Someone, for whatever reason, is currently not responding to communications and someone on RMweb is querying if they are "Taking money but not shipping?"

A small business could be dedtroyed by less.

• Agree 1

Good Grief all I am asking is does anyone know if they are still trading

What is wrong with RMWEB these days, when an online shop goes dark and its ok for members to loose money.

Don't bother replying

Goodbye

• Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

They appear to be actively trading via their Amazon shop and getting reviews which are current, maybe trying to contact them via their "ask a question" button may work? https://www.amazon.co.uk/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=&isCBA=&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&orderID=&protocol=current&seller=A1VI37NUMN68HD&sshmPath=

Thanks for the helpful replies Brian & Jim

I have tried to contact them via

email, which just bounce back as mailbox Full

Their online ask a question option, no reply yet

By Phone, just rings and never answered.

I don't do Facebook so cannot contact them that way, perhaps someone would be kind enough to give them a nudge to check their mail issues.

Thanks

NGM

2 hours ago, NGM said:

Hi all hope this question is not against the rules but

Anyone know if AC Models in Eastleigh are still trading

Got a couple of order issues and all emails are bouncing as mailbox full and no one is answering the phone, are they still going or have they shut down but still have their online ordering system running. Taking money but not shipping ?

Thanks

NGM

If it helps, I spoke to Clive on the phone about 6 weeks ago, when one of my orders of spares was cancelled and refunded despite the website showing stock. Clive advised that he was going through his spares stock while moving it around in their premises, so it may be that they are still sorting out the spares stock. I subsequently ordered a replacement part and that went through ok. Might be worth trying to phone during the week during shop hours.

• RMweb Premium

They are still trading, but the shop itself is only open three days a week (Tues, Fri & Sat), 10am-4pm.  It was open Friday as I went past just before 4.  They have been very busy recently as they have downsized the premises from two adjacent shops to one.  I suggest phoning during opening hours.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, NGM said:

Good Grief all I am asking is does anyone know if they are still trading

What is wrong with RMWEB these days, when an online shop goes dark and its ok for members to loose money.

Don't bother replying

Goodbye

I have decided to reply despite your instruction not to.

You did more than just ask if anybody knew whether they were still trading. Your post included the phrase "Taking money but not shipping?"

You have now compounded that by implying that RMweb members are losing money because of this shop.

PS I note you have expanded the title of this thread.

Edited by Colin_McLeod
To add PS

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

It's almost as if there's a pandemic sweeping the nation!?

Mike.

... and 6 months into the pandemic many retailers have invested time and money in getting their businesses back running at something like normal levels, from personal experience I've had good service from several* in recent months. The OP's enquiry doesn't seem at all unreasonable to me.

* Hereford Models, Model Railways Direct, Kent Garden Railways and a dozen or more eBay sellers.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Still not had any contact with AC, by phone or email, my payment provider has now refunded one of the payments I made and is processing the refund for the second.

They have not responded to any of their emails either

Will not be using them again.

• Friendly/supportive 2

As petethemole has said the shop is opening restricted hours as well as applying all the COVID measures; they have had to move all their spares stock from next door into the one shop and all will need relisting on Ebay and Amazon. I had no problem contacting the shop during opening hours despite Clive, Annette and Lawrence being very busy with the shop customers and they have been open for several weeks now. This shop is a small business and works very hard to support the model railway community and in turn I believe need our support in the current circumstances. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

As a regular AC Models customer, I can also confirm they are still open and working hard to support our hobby, both by having a retail premises and also supporting mail order customers via Ebay and Amazon shops.  The High Street shop is currently operating with revised opening hours (Tuesday, Friday and Saturday from 10am-4pm) and customer numbers are restricted to allow social distancing, which usually means a member of staff has to act as "doorman" to ensure this is adhered to, which may result in phone calls being unanswered if staff are otherwise engaged.  They have also been unable to agree terms with the landlord to extend the lease on their adjacent smaller shop after a hefty rent hike, so stocks of R/C models, some spares and wargaming items are currently unavailable as that premises is currently being refurbished ready to be returned to it's owner as per the terms of the lease. However, I believe there are future plans to expand to the first floor of number 9, but this will all take time, effort and lots of money, which is not always easy for a family run business in the middle of a pandemic.

Judging by the number of parcels awaiting dispatch that I saw there on my last visit, NGM's statement that they are "Taking money but not shipping ?" does not appear to be the justified.  As previously suggested, a phone call to the shop number during their opening hours is probably the best way to get in touch.

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

Was in the shop on Saturday (what better way to support a local shop than visiting it !) Phone rang several times which Annette always answered. Rather than taking unbradge with a perfectly good local business online how about try phoning them in the opening hours already mentioned until you get a response. If there's a problem with an order or emails they're not doing it on purpose!

Out of interest what was the item? Clive says the spares stock is moving and so all spares currently unavailable.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• AY Mod changed the title to AC Model - having issues Pandemic or otherwise?
  • 1 month later...

If it helps, I've noticed that the AC model spares website has not been accessible for a few weeks, showing an 'undergoing maintenance' message, which may indicate that the spares side has been suspended at present due to the shop logistics already mentioned. Ebay model sales are still operating with positive feedback, but I haven't seen any ebay listed spares. Have just ordered a Hornby Castle at a very good price. I've always had excellent service from AC and had no qualms about ordering again.

• Like 1