Bachmann GWR 57/6

I have spotted the livery sample for the upcoming Class 57/6 in GWR is up online, looks nice. This satin finish (as seen on the GWR 158) rather than the eye goggling gloss approach by Hornby suits the GWR green. Plus, I'd say Bachmann get the colour far more accurate...

Thoughts?

https://www.Bachmann.co.uk/product/category/153/class-57-6-57602-'restormel-castle'-gwr-green-(firstgroup)/32-756a

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 159220 said:

I have spotted the livery sample for the upcoming Class 57/6 in GWR is up online, looks nice. This satin finish (as seen on the GWR 158) rather than the eye goggling gloss approach by Hornby suits the GWR green. Plus, I'd say Bachmann get the colour far more accurate...

Thoughts?

https://www.Bachmann.co.uk/product/category/153/class-57-6-57602-'restormel-castle'-gwr-green-(firstgroup)/32-756a

Isn’t it just a renumber / rename of 57603 which was generally thought to be ok?

Roy

• RMweb Premium

For those modelling the very present day scene who decide to purchase 57602, you may also want to consider the following purchase for complete authenticity. ;);):P:lol:

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/12975/scenecraft-44-042-oo-gauge-lifting-jacks-x4-

Edited by Banger Blue
  • Funny 2

On 20/09/2020 at 16:45, Banger Blue said:

For those modelling the very present day scene who decide to purchase 57602, you may also want to consider the following purchase for complete authenticity. ;);):P:lol:

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/12975/scenecraft-44-042-oo-gauge-lifting-jacks-x4-

Tangent subject but I'll never understand why GWR didn't convert the SLE/SLEP coaches to HST type three phase, put a power car on each end and dispense with the unreliable 57's anyway. The list of advantages is vast and the cost of modifying the sleepers easily re-couped over a short space of time.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 26/09/2020 at 14:05, fiftyfour fiftyfour said:

Tangent subject but I'll never understand why GWR didn't convert the SLE/SLEP coaches to HST type three phase, put a power car on each end and dispense with the unreliable 57's anyway. The list of advantages is vast and the cost of modifying the sleepers easily re-couped over a short space of time.

they were probably hoping there would be an add on mk5 sleeper order.

I’d guess in the current environment thats off the cards, if anything the future of it would be questionable. But if lingers long term i’d imagine a news headline along the lines of “railway museum comes to the rescue” of the sleeper, with parts sourced from various mk3 sleepers scattered around the country.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

602, 603 & 605 are getting nameplates in the same style as the ‘castle’ class HST’s, so a bit of modelling work will be needed to keep it bang up-to-date !! :rolleyes:

cheers,

Phil.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Phil Mc said:

602, 603 & 605 are getting nameplates in the same style as the ‘castle’ class HST’s, so a bit of modelling work will be needed to keep it bang up-to-date !! :rolleyes:

cheers,

Phil.

Given there nocturnal nature, and being ex-class 47’s... Night Owls may be a better name...

Strix aluco (Tawny)

Athena noctua

Tyto alba (Barn)

Asio otus

Assio flammeus

With an outline image and a short description like the Castle plates.

Edited by adb968008