WANTED - parts for 2 old AIRFIX carriages - SOLVED

halsey

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place for a wanted ad but I'm sure the mods will move it if it isn't....................

The request applies to Airfix LMS Stanier corridor coaches - has anyone got any spare gangway/corridor bellows lying around and/or the push type narrow couplings with metal hooks 

Ideally I could do with 4 of each - happy to pay/postage for good stuff

See photos the bellows are self explanatory the hooks I have one carriage with the big hooks (rh) on but all the others have the small hooks (lh) so I need 4 of these..........

Thanks for reading this...............hope someone can help or suggest where they can be sourced

J

IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_0796.JPG

• halsey changed the title to WANTED - parts for 2 old AIRFIX carriages

Hi, not sure if you're trying to restore the original or just improve but I think that I saw some Airfix gangways on eBay yesterday. Otherwise I would definitely suggest Comet ends with gangway from Wizard Models. The difference with entirely new ends is big. And for the couplings pretty sure that Dapol do the push type.

Matti

Edited by Matti8
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I found these in my spares box.

The left column I believe are the ones you are looking for, however, only two have complete backs. The rest were damaged during removal.

The r/h ones are possibly Bachmann and appear narrower.

The couplings look about right.

PM me with you address if you still want them.

Thanks

Ian

20200924_102229_resized.jpg.419fe0b642e4a035fae7ec1f9fe08999.jpg

• halsey changed the title to WANTED - parts for 2 old AIRFIX carriages - SOLVED