CV for ESU V5 acceleration?

swiftbeam

• RMweb Gold

A very quick Google produced this, which may help you. While each decoder manufacturer has access to extra CVs to suit his product, the basic ones are common to all NMRA-compatible decoders. Sound is an area where NMRA chose not to mandate very much, so you do need to look for ESU's own pages, which are available in English, I think. 

https://dccwiki.com/Configuration_Variable

• Like 1

Thank you for the two links, I'd spent most of the day wasting my time surfing Google and not for the first time. The problem is, if you don't know what you are looking for, you're wasting your time, that's me all over. I just wish the trader that sold me this decoder was more helpful.

Kinda hard to "go for a manual" when the trader does not give you one, offer you one, tell you one exists or sends you a link to one! 

It's also hard to find a manual when you don't know what you are looking for, don't know what applies to you, the trader doesn't tell you what he has sent you and it comes in the wrong box.

Then on top of all that, I am utterly useless at trawling through the net not knowing what to look for, hence I've spend a few days wasting my time. It gets to the point that it's just easier to ask the question here and just take the ' you are lazy' comments.

I only own two ESU decoders, and both will be up for sale by the end of the week, I'll be fully Zimo by then. All the zimo sellers I have dealt with so far have been GREAT and they always come with instructions and very helpful traders on the other end of the phone :-)

Anyway, I'm all sorted now, so thank you for help on the CV's :-)

• RMweb Gold

I do not suggest you are lazy. And your posts in other parts of the forum are informed and detailed. 

What I can suggest, as people were wont to say a few years ago, is that Google is your friend. Putting "Loksound V5" into Google nets you an awful lot of responses, including English language.