Baby Deltic who made white metal kit?

rogirbu

Found this on eBay recently, not wanting to pay Heljan prices. I am now puzzled about what make it is. The body is all white metal and appears to be from a kit. The chassis appears to be Lima, also metal. I can find almost nothing on Cl23 kits other than Silver Fox but I understand that was a resin bodyshell. The only, possible, identifying feature is that  the two rooftop vents are open - although that  might have been done by the builder

Any suggestions would be helpful. 

xx.jpg

The casting around the cab doors looks too good to be MTK, although Colin could have his moments!

Did Genesis get around to the Baby Deltic? Can't remember or find anything online, although it appears that company used to cast things in pewter........

I've still got mine, in the "for disposals" box.

I fitted it with a Hornby 21/29 chassis. Good runner, the extra weight helps. I got it from a local swapmeet, taking something to sell (that didn't work btw), but I got a good price for it. That paid for the class 21/29 loco. The chassis went under the 23 body; the body acquired another (dummy) 21/29 chassis which I got for nothing, and I still had change. I fettled the Hornby locos into D6110/12 which I saw on delivery near Cambridge, they are still in my fleet today.

Stewart

18 hours ago, rogirbu said:

Found this on eBay recently, not wanting to pay Heljan prices. I am now puzzled about what make it is. The body is all white metal and appears to be from a kit. The chassis appears to be Lima, also metal. I can find almost nothing on Cl23 kits other than Silver Fox but I understand that was a resin bodyshell. The only, possible, identifying feature is that  the two rooftop vents are open - although that  might have been done by the builder

Any suggestions would be helpful. 

xx.jpg

Chassis is probably ex Lima 20 - that was about their only metal chassis , and the EE bogies would be correct for a 23 

I had a whitemetal kit which I despaired of , believed to be Q Kits - it fitted where it touched and the bits didn't touch in a lot of places... I ended up going the Silver Fox route (second-hand kit) with a Hornby 5 pole ringfield in a cut down 29 chassis frame. Much better

A decent job has been made of yours 

• RMweb Premium

I never had a kit of a Baby Deltic, but had all ten, four plastic card home made, five cut and shut Tri-ang 37s and one Lima 40 cut and shut (best of the cut and shuts). I decided to replace the cut and shuts with some more plastic card ones. Progress is very limited owing to my modelling no longer being a ER north London loco shed but has moved to Sheffield. Not a place they were commonly seen.

060.JPG.50017c65fb3235f1e6f6c96ac9e0443e.JPG

003.JPG.3b20311cdb6818f2fa0948bb2439dab6.JPG

One day they will be finished.....one day.

• Like 4