Plasser 08-16/4x4C-RT CAD model not yet printed

Model is in very tough form right now, probably going to be printed firstly as N scale due to cost and then I'll be doing a few OO versions, with more detail, for my planned OTP Depot layout.

Not had any drawings to hand sadly but have been measuring the real thing and working from several photographs. Closest basis for the design work will be 73911, 73912 and 73913.

20200924_221354.jpg

You'll need to beef up a lot of those details and walls if you want to print that in N scale. Otherwise you'll end up with a badly warped model. I'd also suggest doing the CAD for the OO and N gauge versions separately. Otherwise you'll have chunky details in the OO gauge version if you scale it up from N gauge.

5 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

You'll need to beef up a lot of those details and walls if you want to print that in N scale. Otherwise you'll end up with a badly warped model. I'd also suggest doing the CAD for the OO and N gauge versions separately. Otherwise you'll have chunky details in the OO gauge version if you scale it up from N gauge.

At the moment it's nothing more than rough outlines, with placeholder items suxh as the buffers and bogies (simple flat items to give an idea on scale) until I measure up the prototype again. As it stands the window surrounds need to be thinned significantly as they are too thick for the prototype.

• 5 months later...

Long overdue update, haven't done too much but started drawing up buffers, bogie frames, details etc measured from 73913 and 73920. Still a long way to go but trying to proceed with it in order to make a printable model in the next few months.

73913 tamper details.png

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...