Westhouses

Richard Pike

Superb modelling. Any chance of a track plan?

I'm really interested in the use of different levels - what distance and length is the track between depot and main line?

It looks very realistic.

Thanks

Jeff

Mr Ed Scott,

The Big Yellow thing is a Network Rail Plasser USP 2000 Ballast Cleaner which makes up part of my HOBC train (saving pictures of that until the layout is finished)

Here it is, waiting to clear Blackwell yard, behind 66705, on it's way to Doncaster.

post-1685-127600133783_thumb.jpg

post-1685-12760014821_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Absolutely love the feel of this - any updates?

Is the grass cover just hanging basket type liner? Can anyone recommend one that looks like this? I got one in B&Q and it looks 'dead' TIA!

Hi Guys,

Sorry for no recent updates, been extremley busy with work.

The scenery is mainly Teddy bear fur, well actually two pair of cushion covers, then I found a flower arranging shop selling Dried Sea Moss that I have used for the bankside vegetation, grass is just Static grass applied with a grass master and the Ballast is nothing more than Hornby fine light grey that I have airbrushed weathered.

Hope to make more progress in the next few weeks, so will post more pictures.

What a nice little layout, it looks so big and spacious, and the scenery is great. I also like the use of the Teddy Bear, that particular one is one that i walk past most sundays on my way round the sheds, as it is currently at the Nene Valley for Servicing. Very novel use for a 14!

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry for no recent updates, but been busy with work, anyway recently had a trip back to the UK and bought back some more of my stock.

I have had a major set back with the scenery, for the main embankment area, I have used Golden Teddy Bear fur, toned down with green fabric dye I airbrushed on, I then made the bulk of the Bushes and vegetation from some "Dried" Sea moss I found in a local craft shop that had some really fine delicate green leafs. Unfortunately over a 3 month period the Dried sea moss continued to dry resulting in the green leafs losing there colour and turning light brown. This I have remeadied by spraying with green acrylics to recreate the green leafs.

Most of the scenery is complete now, just really the Buildings to concentrate on now and decide what to use the private siding compound for.

Hope you enjoy my pictures.

post-1685-097532800 1287904799_thumb.jpg

66522 Leaving the Yard .

post-1685-016003200 1287905146_thumb.jpg

Colas Rail 66841 delivering a Volker Rail P+T Tamper to the depot.

post-1685-048020000 1287905740_thumb.jpg

Network Rail 97301 bring in a small enginners consist with sister machine 97303 bringing up the rear.

post-1685-011642500 1287906084_thumb.jpg

66610 heads a rake of Network Rail IOA's bringing another 1000 ton of Ballast to Westhouses VQ.

post-1685-049295300 1287906461_thumb.jpg

First Rail traffic into the private siding compound, currently planning on making it a Balfour Beatty yard, but may change my mind yet.

Hello, Superb Layout, Real Cool! :D

How about using the private compound as a ballast yard, Have a mound of ballast along the side of the track with an excavator ontop? or as somewhere like Hydrex or Quatro plant yards and use the truck for test and training drivers on the plant?

Just two naff ideas but!!!

I was originally planning on having a Concrete Sleeper factory in the Private siding, but the area is not large enough to display anything without overcrowding.

I think I will stick with my current plan of making it into a Rail contractors yard.

post-1685-012607600 1287977697_thumb.jpg

Archived