Class 26 - Help Needed for Sound Query

Tynecastle TMD

A question or two for the collective, as I seem to be getting nowhere fast with a new purchase.

So last week I bought a Heljan Class 26 with Sound. Seller knew not a lot about it, im assuming Zimo with Digitrains.

Would anyone happen to have a PDF copy of the functions? 

Also how do I change the acceleration as it is too quick off the mark for my liking and how do I also go about increasing g the volume, it is very quiet compared to my 37s?

Thank you all in advance.

Matt

20200926_120738.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi,

If you think it is ZIMO, then with sound on , move loco off along track at medium speed and then hit zero on handset, if loco continues to move and doesn't come to a stop, press key 2 on the handset which is the ' brake ' and there should be a braking sound and the loco should come to a halt. Then its ZImo. I can then help with reducing speed and volume of sound!

Bill.

On 26/09/2020 at 17:06, Tynecastle TMD said:

A question or two for the collective, as I seem to be getting nowhere fast with a new purchase.

So last week I bought a Heljan Class 26 with Sound. Seller knew not a lot about it, im assuming Zimo with Digitrains.

Would anyone happen to have a PDF copy of the functions? 

Also how do I change the acceleration as it is too quick off the mark for my liking and how do I also go about increasing g the volume, it is very quiet compared to my 37s?

Thank you all in advance.

Matt

20200926_120738.jpg

Try sealing the speaker or putting in a better speaker, thaty will solve your sound issues probably.

Charlie-Legomanbiffo.

Nice loco ! 

As others say, it depends on the type of chip. Fortunately the Heljan 26 is relatively easy to remove body from to see what you have. For example, my 26’s have Howes sound on ESU chips. Once that is established, you can then adjust things like volume and acceleration through the “CV” settings of the decoder. Again, assuming you have not done so before, it is relatively easy but varies on the type of controller you have. People on here are very helpful with advice and experience, so a bit more info will allow them to point you in the right direction. Hope that helps.