UK Model Shop Directory

Hound Dog

I used to receive a newsletter each Friday morning from UKMS but it seems to have ceased and when I click on any links from previous newsletters the URL is not found.

Does anybody know if this is still active or not ?.......I have recently changed email addresses so problem could be at my end, although I would have thought the web links would still work - thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, HExpressD said:

Reviving an old thread perhaps, but is anyone having trouble accessing the directory? All I get is an oops page and none of the heading links will work :(

Works fine for me (Win10 + Chrome)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HExpressD said:

Reviving an old thread perhaps, but is anyone having trouble accessing the directory? All I get is an oops page and none of the heading links will work :(

If you are browsing the web using a VPN (virtual private network), turn it off if you wish to visit UK Model Shop Directory.

I spoke with Adrian (the guy who runs it) a couple of months ago and he has blocked certain IP addresses that are commonly used by VPN providers. VPNs can make the user (almost) anonymous online and, for that very reason, they are used by certain 'people' for nefarious purposes (particularly hacking).

Edited by Invicta Informant

6 minutes ago, Invicta Informant said:

If you are browsing the web using a VPN (virtual private network), turn it off if you wish to visit UK Model Shop Directory.

I spoke with Adrian (the guy who runs it) a couple of months ago and he has blocked certain IP addresses that are commonly used by VPN providers. VPNs can make the user (almost) anonymous online and, for that very reason, they are used by certain 'people' are nefarious purposes.

Not everything on a VPN is nefarious, companies make secure connections through them, people using mobile phones on public wifi use them too to make their connection private.

Or I can watch Netflix Brazil in the UK.

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Have received the update email this morning but cannot log in.  Fortunately nothing needs changing for the SLS entry. The message in the browser says site not found. Will this be the VPN issue mentioned above or a glitch at the site end?