Fleischmann 4460 ICE-V spares

wilwahabri

I have  Fleischmann 4460 set, not the current one which is a DB ICE T but the previous version of a DB ICE V train. I need a bogie for the unpowered power car but Fleischmann only list the current model, which does look similar, does anyone know where I can confirm this or get the correct pare part?

At one time there was a DVD titled The illustrated guide to Fleischmann HO 1952-2007 which did have a copy of the spares sheet on it. Does anyone know where I can get a copy? the website is still up but does not appear to have been active since 2016.

Edited by wilwahabri

• RMweb Premium

The service sheet is on the Fleischmann website as a PDF download

Have a look for the part and get its number. Then put that into the Fleischmann Spare Parts search.

It looks like it's part number 03144601 you are after. If that's the case according to the search it is currently available for EUR 11.80 plus P&P which was EUR 10.00 to the UK last time I used the service. There are others who sell Fleischmann spares; it may be worth a Google search.

Hope that helps!

Ben

1 hour ago, maico said:

Unfortunately not . that is the ICE T version. I need the earlier ICE V version, Doesn't help that they changed the model without changing the model number!

Mine is as below and as you can see there are no seats or windows in the power cars, and the drivers door is located closer to the drivers window. I suspect some parts might be interchangeable as the differences appear to be cosmetic, except I think the ICE T model actually tilts when cornering whereas the ICE V does not. There appears to be some extrusions on the bogies to facilitate this on the ICE T bogie.

4460_ICE_V.jpg

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry @wilwahabri, your words made sense but the information was clearly too challenging! Thanks for the photo, and this model is also shown on the Modellbau Wiki page for the BR 410.

You can search for "ICE" in the Fleischmann spare parts form, that's what I have just done, and you get a lot of results, Based on that I suggest you try entering "4440" in the search and downloading the service sheet for that product.  Then look on the third and fourth pages of the service sheet for the undriven end: it is not clear to me whether this is the same model with production rather than prototype livery, or a different model. In any case, at least one of the bogie frames shown on that sheet is available (at EUR 11.80).

Fleischmann seem to have issued lots of variants in sets with different combinations of coaches and also upgraded the model with a DCC socket and separately with a can motor driving both axles (in the driven end).

Edited by readingtype
Clarify suggestion

21 minutes ago, readingtype said:

Sorry @wilwahabri, your words made sense but the information was clearly too challenging! Thanks for the photo, and this model is also shown on the Modellbau Wiki page for the BR 410.

You can search for "ICE" in the Fleischmann spare parts form, that's what I have just done, and you get a lot of results, Based on that I suggest you try entering "4440" in the search and downloading the service sheet for that product.  Then look on the third and fourth pages of the service sheet for the undriven end: it is not clear to me whether this is the same model with production rather than prototype livery, or a different model. In any case, at least one of the bogie frames shown on that sheet is available (at EUR 11.80).

Fleischmann seem to have issued lots of variants in sets with different combinations of coaches and also upgraded the model with a DCC socket and separately with a can motor driving both axles (in the driven end).

Thanks  Readingtype, that identifies my set exactly still trying to get sense out of Fleischmann!

• 6 months later...

The FLM 4460's are very, very different - I have both versions.

The early one (as shown in the box) is, AFAIK a model of the experimental unit & was available with extra coaches.

The later one tilts & the bogie design totally different.

The ICE-2 bogies may be a closer fit.

Hope this helps.

• 9 months later...

Old topic, but I have a question some of you may be able to answer. I have the older 4460, the ICE-V model. I was looking to buy an extra coach, but the matching ones are hard to find, the FLM 4461 and 4462. Are the newer coaches compatible with the older 4460? I read something about tilting of the newer coaches, but I also wonder if they look like a match. Could somebody please let me know if the newer coaches fit the older 4460?

The coaches for the earlier (non-tilting) sets are rare - the only ones I've ever seen are the ones I have.

It's possible the ICE-2 coaches will couple up but AFAIK they won't have the cerice stripes of the "wiggly" lines at the ends.

I've recently sold my ICE-T so cannot see if they are compatable, but I suspect not anyway.