If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Another hello, and a biog.

PMW

Hello. Thank you for adding me to your site. I have been browsing for a little while but thought it was time to sign up and say thank you for all the useful information I have found here already, and hopefully for that still to come.

You might call me a second time around modeller. As a kid I played around with a little J72 tank loco and an oval of track and over the years added a few second hand diesel locos, that was about the limit of my pocket money in those days. So now I find myself with two boys, the eldest just turning ten I have persuaded the current Mrs PMW to give the spare room over to us boys and our model railway. On top of those bits from my childhood I have added a couple of Hornby Rail Road sets which I think will be appropriate for the boys as they grow, a Flying Scotsman set I scored for about £12 worth of clubcard points, traded in for 4x their value to spend on toys then bought the set with a huge discount when they closed their on line toy sales. He's been given the Caledonian Belle set, a mixed goods and passenger train so the outcome is we now have a realistic amount of sectional track, rolling stock etc, a space of around 70 inches wide and 90 inches deep with which we start from scratch. 

A weekend of research on the web has left me more confused than when I started, everywhere you look for advice it seems you get a different opinion, so I thought it was time to join properly, and with apologies in advance bombard you all with silly questions about base boards, dcc, point motors etc etc etc etc etc .......

Hopefully you will come along with us on the ride of our as yet unnamed model layout.

Many regards to everyone

Paul

Edited by PMW
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...