Bachmann Jubilee history

Lissadell

I’ve been exploring one or two threads here on rmWeb, concerning the development of this model over quite a few years!

I wonder if I could ask informed colleagues one or two questions please?

I can’t quite get my head around the re-tooling issue with regard to chassis and body.  Round about 2014/15 I think the release 31-187, 188 and 189 seems to focus on new tooling.  But whether those shortly before, eg 186, had very different chassis/body I don’t understand.

Also I see that some models  in the 2000s have appeared with riveted Stanier 4000 gallon and Fowler 3500 gallon tenders, but I think I heard somewhere that others appeared with flush tenders.

I think you can tell that despite all the reading, I am more than a bit confused - and if I went back into the 90s era versions I’d probably fall apart!

Any help unravelling the Bachmann Jubilee story would be very welcome.  As I said, I have tried to explore the forum and web  in search of the information, but it’s quite likely I’ve overlooked something.

best regards

Adrian

The major 'break point' is the 2008 release of the all newly tooled Jubilee, cat. nos 31-175 onwards. The body represents variations of the initial build of 'short firebox' boilers , while the mechanism is a conventional DCC socket fitted unit. (Prior to this series of releases, Bachmann offered a split chassis mechanism model with a body deriving from Mainline, representing the 'sloping throatplate' boilers.)