Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Boredom

Evening All,

This is not a winge but a cry for help. I have just been discharged from from hospital after major surgery and find that I cannot sit, stand or support myself for any period of time. Anyone  got any ideas about watching short videio or similar on U Tube or any of the popular forums. My interests are G>W>R Branch line terminii and teaching myself to scratch build architecture. 

In Pain 

Alan  

• Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold

Hi Alan, you have my sympathy. Two weeks ago I was in for appendicitis which was very painful.

On YouTube, I very very much recomend Everard Junction. Very professionally made and informative.

For a different take, again on YouTube, RamyRc builds large scale aircraft. Again, very well made and engaging. 

Ian

How to watch videos on YouTube?

Find a relevant video which is the subject you want. Watch it and YouTube always gives you a selection of similar videos in the panel on the side. If one looks interesting click on it. YouTube remembers what you like so will recommend things which are similar. Unless you delete the cookies.

A couple of random videos. If you click on them, then click on the YouTube logo you go to the proper YouTube page.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Like 1

Thanks everybody who answered my plea for amusement, My district nurse has  just told me that I have about 12 weeks of slowly getting better, hi-ho. Your ideas will certainly help pass the the time and I thought the digital age was fast.

Thanks again everybody.

Regards 

Alan

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Try BBC iPlayer

A lot of the Beeb's railway programmes are on there.

Just done a quick search using "Train" or "Railway" and there are hundreds of programmes available to watch.

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium
On 28/09/2020 at 22:23, devondynosoar118 said:

I would be happy to lend my copy of Railway Roundabout, there’s a good few hours of stuff on there with a nice chunk of BR western region footage. PM me your address, only cost is returning the DVD when you have enjoyed it! 

There's 8 DVDs in my version.

10 minutes ago, melmerby said:

There's 8 DVDs in my version.

Some of those must be the "continental" stuff.

If you can stand John Betjeman

https://youtu.be/dDrQkg8lOGc

https://player.bfi.org.uk/free/film/watch-john-betjeman-goes-by-train-kings-lynn-to-hunstanton-1962-online

Seems nobody can actually read your post ,”  GWR branchline terminus “,I think you said.

I’m not quite sure what you after, but put that in the search bar in YouTube would be my suggestion , and I guess lie down to watch it 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1