Accurascale Welcomes Graham Hubbard On Board!

• RMweb Gold

With Graham Hubbard joining the team, as well as Paul Isles, with both their combined insider knowledge of the workings of both Bachmann and Hornby, I’m pretty sure there’s some interesting meetings going on in their boardrooms.

I wish Accurascale all the best and grow from strength to strength.  Interesting times ahead.

• Agree 1

I already commented on your Faceache posting that you have assembled a seriously challenging team to take on the competition.  The expertise, especially in the D+E market, is really encouraging for those of us who prefer our trains without a large tea urn on the front or preferably with a coathanger strapped to the roof.  I think it also shows a strong determination to take on the UK market and hopefully allow you guys to spend a bit more time on the Irish side of the business.

Now on Faceache  I mentioned the NIR Mk2b/c fleet and their BR counterparts, so I'll mention them again.  Crossover product, missing link in the BR carriage lists, you know it makes sense...

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Legend said:

Impressive !  While we all want lovely models dont grow too fast . I like the Accurascale detail and value as it is . 

We wont forget our ethos or what has won favour with our customers so far, so don't worry! We will always try our very best.

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium

Accurascale, Cavalex etc. all producing high quality superb models that the modeller want to own, retailers like Kernow, Hattons and Rails all commissioning excellent models The traditional manufacturers Like Hornby, Dapol and Bachmann should be looking over their shoulders. Definite winds of change.

Edited by 7013
  • Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, 7013 said:

Bachmann (the latter seem to produce one loco every couple of years)

So far this year I have reviewed:

Bachmann 158/159

Bachmann 24/1

Bachmann 121

Farish 70/8

Bachmann 117

Bachmann 2-HAP

And before the end of the year there will be.

Bachmann Midland 1P

Farish 8F

Bachmann 94xx

Add in EFE Rail plus coaches/wagons

So, a sweeping generalised bit of misinformation takes me 5 minutes to check and type - just so I don't see incorrect tropes go unaddressed.

Anyway, this is an Accurascale topic so it's even more annoying to see the repetition of misinformation.

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

My apologies Andy, was not meant as a serious dig at Bachmann, I have removed the section you mention.obviously need to pay more attention.

Edited by 7013

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

When is Lionel Messi joining?

A friend emailed me yesterday to say he's expecting Elon Musk to turn up there for driverless trains, Bill Gates for all control matters and Jeff Bezos baling out to do the distribution. When I get a call from in the trade I answer saying "You've not gone to Accurascale too have you?".

• Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, AY Mod said:

A friend emailed me yesterday to say he's expecting Elon Musk to turn up there for driverless trains, Bill Gates for all control matters and Jeff Bezos baling out to do the distribution. When I get a call from in the trade I answer saying "You've not gone to Accurascale too have you?".

Makes a change from Specsavers.

As long as Donald Trump isn't doing public relations I reckon they'll be OK!

Mike.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1