Accurascale Welcomes Graham Hubbard On Board!

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

When is Lionel Messi joining?

Mike.

We have no time for sulks on the team, and we'd need to sell some amount of 37s to afford that release clause!

7 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Makes a change from Specsavers.

As long as Donald Trump isn't doing public relations I reckon they'll be OK!

Mike.

"We will build a great model, and nobody builds a better model than us, believe me. We will be the greatest model manufacturer God ever created, I'll tell you that." Yeah, think we will file Donald's CV under B, for bin! 

• Like 5
  • Funny 14

On 29/09/2020 at 19:15, Accurascale Fran said:

We wont forget our ethos or what has won favour with our customers so far, so don't worry! We will always try our very best.

Right I'm banking this for future reference and pulling it out whenever you may stray :jester:

• Funny 1

On 30/09/2020 at 11:23, AY Mod said:

So far this year I have reviewed:

Bachmann 158/159

Bachmann 24/1

Bachmann 121

Farish 70/8

Bachmann 117

Bachmann 2-HAP

And before the end of the year there will be.

Bachmann Midland 1P

Farish 8F

Bachmann 94xx

Add in EFE Rail plus coaches/wagons

So, a sweeping generalised bit of misinformation takes me 5 minutes to check and type - just so I don't see incorrect tropes go unaddressed.

Anyway, this is an Accurascale topic so it's even more annoying to see the repetition of misinformation.

Yes but that's nothing I'm interested in!...the stuff he does like probably comes out every few years so yeah he's technically right when applied to individual wants :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Is this some sort of organised strategy to kill off the competition by taking their top men? First Hornby, now Bachmann. I can see where this is going. Simon Kohler will be next haha. 
In all seriousness though, great news for Accurascale. Some of Bachmanns best models came in under Graham’s watch. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Accurascale are going from strength to strength regarding recruitment, and having Graham coming on board is a great addition to an already formidable team.

Over the years, I have always found Graham to be very approachable and insightful.

I'm sure he will fit straight in to the team, alongside Fran, Gareth and Paul who are proving to be equally as approachable.

Now they just need to sign up Dennis Lovett of ex Bachmann fame ???

Regards,

Paul

Nothing personal, but I don't think they need Dennis.  He's at Shildon and assisting them and at Bachmann/Virgin did PR.  Fran and the team do very well themselves with regards Communications, Internet and Publicity.  So why?

No point trying to fix things that are not broke! 

Likewise, whilst some additions are inevitable to go along with their success - adding just adding for the "sake" adds fixed costs to the business. 

By the looks of it, those recruited and their experiences should compliment and strengthen the Accurascale team exceptionally well - Graham's consulting role fits nicely for guiding the business with his vast knowledge and experience, combined with second to none experience relating to importing and China supplier relationships, Gareth has masterful knowledge of modern stock and has experience in the model industry, websites plus railway journalism and Paul compliments the team with his model projects and surveying skills (plus I believe an interest in slightly earlier railways).   I think that is an exceptional portfolio -Talk about having your cake and eating it!  

Best Wishes,

C.

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Yep, when accurascale get their private jet, give me a call and I’ll drive it for you...

No, they are having their own HS 3 - Ireland to England, to show the UK how to do HS 2!    Its alleged the the A/S Class 92 is going to be so powerful they are going to use theirs, buy a few nightstars (one converted to a Guinness Bar), with 37/6's rehashed to EPS standard for none electrified lines! 

37/6....Cough! Cough!

Regards,

C.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, dogbox321 said:

No, they are having their own HS 3 - Ireland to England, to show the UK how to do HS 2!    Its alleged the the A/S Class 92 is going to be so powerful they are going to use theirs, buy a few nightstars (one converted to a Guinness Bar), with 37/6's rehashed to EPS standard for none electrified lines! 

37/6....Cough! Cough!

Regards,

C.

You wanna be careful with that cough - people might think you've caught a different bug ;)

1 hour ago, dogbox321 said:

37/6....Cough! Cough!

Regards,

C.

Now you’re talking! There is talk of a fixed link between Northern Ireland and Scotland. Think of the jobs it would create, Boris!

13 hours ago, Bucoops said:

You wanna be careful with that cough - people might think you've caught a different bug ;)

Since the start of 2020 I've found it disperses the queue in front of me very quickly.  I just thought people were being very polite!

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
On 31/10/2020 at 10:19, Bucoops said:

:offtopic:

but.. in 2003 I lived in HK, (Sars time), went to the supermarket and walked down the washing powder aisle, which tickled my nose and set off a sneezing fit..everyone in the aisle scattered in seconds, then this security guard turns up, feet straddled, arms out stretched and points a temperature gun at me! - Step away from your shopping trolley.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 2