New Forum Software

@AY Mod

Glad to see that the new Forum Software isn't wildly different, just a bit more slicker, however I have noticed a couple of things that seem to have disappeared:

1. There used to be a button in the bottom right of any Topic that allowed you to jump straight back to the top of the page, which was very useful but has now disappeared.

2. You cannot just mark a topic as read, only option seems to be to 'Mark Site Read'.

That's all I've noticed so far Andy.

Cheers

Neal. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Andy

Just to add something I have noticed. It appears most of my followed content now has send me immediate notification if something is posted, where as I am 99.9% before the upgrade everything was do not send me any notifications.

Upgrades are such fun :-)

Thanks

Steve

• Agree 1

• Moderators

Yep; all on the to-do list - although the changes aren't too jarring it has affected quite a few functional components. Some that folk haven't noticed/commented on yet. ;)

I've lost some of my ban tools too. :mad_mini:

• Thanks 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Edwin_m said:

View New Content appears to be including a line for each post made, not just one for each topic with new content in it.  So the same topic can appear multiple times in the list.  

Yup; on it - well I would be if I can find out how I fixed it last time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

30 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Yup; on it - well I would be if I can find out how I fixed it last time.

Can I also observe that clicking on the topic title in the new content list now takes you to the first post on the first page, rather than behaving the same as "Go to first unread post", which it did before the upgrade.  (And yes, I know I can just click on the dot to the left of the thread title to "Go to first unread post" but it'll take a while to re-set that particular motor engram...)

Apart from these minor niggles, good job getting it back up and working so promptly this time around!

EDIT: And, of course, Ive just found that the function has migrated to the top right of each post, along with the share, report and hide functions.  Any chance that these could be moved back to where they were pre-upgrade (edit next to quote, share as a standalone icon at the top right IIRC), or are these other muscle memories that I'm going to have to re-train?!

Edited by ejstubbs
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Calnefoxile said:

1. There used to be a button in the bottom right of any Topic that allowed you to jump straight back to the top of the page, which was very useful but has now disappeared.

Hi Neal,

If you have a keyboard on your device you can jump to the top or bottom any web page by pressing the Home or End keys.

(If you like to use F7 caret browsing, make that CTRL+Home, CTRL+End.)

Martin.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, dhjgreen said:

All right then, what's the blue shield some members have?

It's a **** deflector - only the Mods have them. I could do with several today or a much larger one.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

4 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It's a **** deflector - only the Mods have them. I could do with several today or a much larger one.

It's positioned very appropriately on your Avatar picture, Andy... :mosking:

Can't find how to bring up the Activity menu (leads to 'content I posted in' etc) on Android phone. That bit hasn't really changed on the laptop.

• Agree 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

Can't find how to bring up the Activity menu (leads to 'content I posted in' etc) on Android phone. That bit hasn't really changed on the laptop.

Can you see a 'Show Filters' link below the header?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Calnefoxile said:

There used to be a button in the bottom right of any Topic that allowed you to jump straight back to the top of the page, which was very useful but has now disappeared.

Fixed.

2 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

The Ignore Topic seems to have disappeared too... all my nightmare threads are back!

Fixed

2 hours ago, AY Mod said:

I've lost some of my ban tools too.

Fixed! :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 2

2 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Can you see a 'Show Filters' link below the header?

No. I have "+Create>" "bell" "envelope" "Profile" under RMweb.

top right corner has something like a 'page' button, that goes to New Activity, a 'plus' sign which brings up a list to do things like update status, and the 'search' magnifying glass.

I have had problems seeing photographs and films in a thread on my old laptop with Windows 7 and an equally elderly IE. It looks fine on my new Mobile phone. I will open my new Windows 10 laptop with Edge and Chrome this evening to try this site again. It works and looks well on my mobile.

Edited by Crun
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

No. I have "+Create>" "bell" "envelope" "Profile" under RMweb.

top right corner has something like a 'page' button, that goes to New Activity, a 'plus' sign which brings up a list to do things like update status, and the 'search' magnifying glass.

A bit further down?

Screenshot_20200930-155555.jpg