New Forum Software

1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

I can see that there's a navigation problem there (same in Android) which I need to look at but at least on Android you can get to the Desktop version to login.

I don't have this problem on my Chinese phone but this thread might be amusing the Politbureau

I'm getting very slow response times, which are irksome

13 minutes ago, PenrithBeacon said:

I'm getting very slow response times, which are irksome

Yes, I've just started suffering those as well on my home PC, other Forums are fine.

I'm using Chrome by the way.

Cheers

Neal.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, Calnefoxile said:

Yes, I've just started suffering those as well on my home PC, other Forums are fine.

I'm using Chrome by the way.

Cheers

Neal.

Ditto

• RMweb Premium

I am completely useless on computers and most modern technology. I followed a thread in Wheeltappers called I believe " What are you currently drinking " or something similar. It disappeared from my computer about 2 years ago but reappeared today for about a couple of hours. It has since disappeared once again ! 

Did I dream it or is there something I don't understand ?

• RMweb Premium

There is something really odd as well that as you click in new content on load more activity lots of threads are appearing over and over again.  I appreciate any system upgrade is lots of work and its really easy to just point out what is wrong (I get that at work from users) Thanks for all you do.

• Thanks 1

I’ve also just noticed that my editing button has disappeared.

Cheers,

Douglas

Edit, found the new edit button on my desktop, will look for my Iphone one.

Edit 2: found both edit buttons so apologies for that.

Edited by Florence Locomotive Works

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

so I have a whole bunch of the same topic

The same root issue that has been reported multiple times - the solution is not evident yet.

• Informative/Useful 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, GWR57xx said:

images don't appear to be displaying at all on my ipad using Safari?

Not had any similar reports, could you give a link to a page where you've witnessed the problem please?

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Not had any similar reports, could you give a link to a page where you've witnessed the problem please?

Hi Andy, 

This is the topic I first noticed it on, but all subsequent topics were the same problem on the ipad - no images:

Also, I'm having to do this reply on my PC because the ipad also doesn't display the "+Quote" button or the "Reply to Thread" window.

Edited because link failed to show after submitting reply, even though it showed when previewed and is showing in edit mode.

Link is to "Layout Topics"->"Parkend Marsh Sidings in P4" by Re6/6.

Edited by GWR57xx

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, GWR57xx said:

Hi Andy, 

This is the topic I first noticed it on, but all subsequent topics were the same problem on the ipad - no images:

Also, I'm having to do this reply on my PC because the ipad also doesn't display the "+Quote" button or the "Reply to Thread" window.

All seems to be displaying as it should through that topic so we can rule out a server issue. Not sure if any other iPad users can advise if there's a way images from a particular site can be blocked from displaying? Easy on a pc to do.

From the number of images loaded with incorrect rotation on here by iPad users they may just have slid off the screen. ;)

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

The same root issue that has been reported multiple times - the solution is not evident yet.

Maybe you are missing some software.  I found a few of these and wondered  if they were important.

FB_IMG_1601497147663.jpg.ece8580b47677c92b369ccfd3d9bc07b.jpg

• Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Maybe you are missing some software.  I found a few of these and wondered  if they were important.

FB_IMG_1601497147663.jpg.ece8580b47677c92b369ccfd3d9bc07b.jpg

Yeah it's one of those.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

re the ipad issue, I tried it on my better half's slightly newer ipad and it all worked fine :blush:.

I'm trying a reboot of my old ipad to see if that clears the problem.

Edit: nope - my old ipad (IOS 9.3.6 is as far as it will go) still doesn't display properly.

The missus' newer ipad is on IOS 12.4.8 (still quite old!) and works fine.

I guess I'll just have to relegate my ipad to use as a chopping board and upgrade...

It worked perfectly well with the previous software though.

Edited by GWR57xx

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Jeremy C said:

I'm pleased to see the "every new post" problem in Unread Content has been fixed. Each thread is back to appearing just once. Thank you.

It's not definitely sorted yet.

Speed increased from "timed out connection" to "whatever off a fireman's shovel" in the last hour.

Go and do some modelling, Andy, that's enough for a very long day.  The thing's working after a good enough fashion, everything else can wait until tomorrow.

Alan 

• Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Buhar said:

Speed increased from "timed out connection" to "whatever off a fireman's shovel" in the last hour.

It's still struggling up some banks necessitating whistling for assistance.

• Funny 5