New Forum Software

6 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Don't know - not got one. :biggrin_mini2:

Is there not an option for different Themes in a link at the bottom of the page? Not sure it would change anything though as the different Mobile/Desktop versions went out in the last version with it just relying on resizing based on dimensions.

Android gives an option (from the three dots at the top right of the url bar) to select a Desktop version - do Apple not have anything similar?

there used to be an option to request the full version through the site at the bottom of the page. That went with the previous update iirc. My memory aligns with your info. 

I have <1000px screen width. I was fingers crossed that a new version might get the desktop version. 

I can set the browser (I’ve tried Safari and Edge) to request the desktop version as default and/or whilst on the page but out of all the sites I visit the only one that I do not get a desktop version is rmweb. Android did this fine on the last update so it might just be an Apple thing regardless of browser. :rolleyes:

I might be the only person who likes signatures (because of the potentially interesting content in links). 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Further to the iPad comments above, I have no issues with images on my iPad, but I do on my iPhone where none are loaded. Both are updated to IOS 14.0.1, the latest.

I also see the following on the iPhone where the page buttons are misaligned. I did try to make it smaller, but couldn't just drag corners as I thought you used to be able to?

Edit: Also on an iPad the threads seem locked in portrait mode even though the header is landscape when holding the iPad that way.

Not urgent as you can work around it, but when you do have time...

Thanks,

Roy

926914262_iPhoneRMWeb.PNG.8b54a45b99a9b193b9c09f432ee0cb46.PNG

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

I have no issues with images on my iPad, but I do on my iPhone where none are loaded. Both are updated to IOS 14.0.1, the latest.

There seems to be several issues more evident for Apple users and it's looking like the developers haven't flattened everything out that they should have before release. I've had another ipad user who's got problems with PMs too. Normally I wouldn't install a release this early (there's only been one bug fix update so far and I wait until there's been 4 or 5;) but we had to get it done whilst I'd got some support from Michael in our IT department available.

Have a look at this link on your iphone and tell me if you can see pics and videos as our friends over the Irish Sea are on the same software version - https://irishrailwaymodeller.com/topic/61-tara-junction/page/49/#comments

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

There seems to be several issues more evident for Apple users and it's looking like the developers haven't flattened everything out that they should have before release. I've had another ipad user who's got problems with PMs too. Normally I wouldn't install a release this early (there's only been one bug fix update so far and I wait until there's been 4 or 5;) but we had to get it done whilst I'd got some support from Michael in our IT department available.

Have a look at this link on your iphone and tell me if you can see pics and videos as our friends over the Irish Sea are on the same software version - https://irishrailwaymodeller.com/topic/61-tara-junction/page/49/#comments

Thanks Andy,

Yes, I can see the images there but* they are now showing on RMWeb on my iPhone as well, which they were not doing an hour or so ago. At that time performance was very slow but the pages did report they were fully loaded, the issues may be a linked?

The page selection buttons on that IRM site are nice (hint, hint).

Roy

* You must feel there is always a but ;-)

Edited by Roy Langridge

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

they are now showing on RMWeb on my iPhone as well, which they were not doing an hour or so ago. At that time performance was very slow but the pages did report they were fully loaded, the issues may be a linked?

I did change something about 45 mins ago by disabling it and performance seems to have improved - not that it should have affected it but you never can tell! I just need to get an update for the module I disabled now!

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I'm not sure about the "Highlights" box at the top of the page....

Do you mean the summary and stats box in the r/h column when you're in a topic?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, truffy said:

Didn't we used to have a 'mark forum as read' button? We don't now.

It's like rebuilding a car engine, there's always some bolts that are left on the workbench afterwards. It looks like some components got left out of the new version.

• Funny 2

Just now, AY Mod said:

It's like rebuilding a car engine, there's always some bolts that are left on the workbench afterwards. It looks like some components got left out of the new version.

Oh no, I do hope the engineer puts i back, it was handy-dandy.

Or is this 'RIP my old friend"?

missinginaction.jpg

• Funny 1

• Moderators

Michael's helping me out with fixes and he has asked if you can report any issues in this topic to include the following information to aid resolution:

Problem

Briefly describe your problem here e.g. missing mark forum as read button (with image if required)

Link to page with problem

Copy and paste the url of the page that shows your problem

Device

What device are you using; Desktop, Laptop, iPad, iPhone, Android?

9 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Do you mean the summary and stats box in the r/h column when you're in a topic?

Thats the one...

I'm sure its useful info for whoever started the topic, but its disconcerting to appear in the top four posters!

• Moderators
Just now, Hroth said:

its disconcerting to appear in the top four posters!

It's called empowerment these days where your destiny is in your own hands. ;)

I'm not a fan of the feature to be honest and it can only slow things down calling for that information so I'd personally like to bin it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Is the problem still there?

Yes, the grey circles are still there.

It may just be that the Safari 11 on my desktop Mac is too long in the tooth now. On my MacBook (Safari 13) everything's fine.

David

Edited by Kylestrome

I rather hoped that the new software would fix the bug 'feature' where, if someone quoted you, you'd get two notifications, one floating in a black bar on the screen, and the other in the notifications window. But if you clicked on the former, and read the reply, you'd still have to cancel the second notification manually.

I'm pretty sure that the old old software automatically cancelled the second notification.

• RMweb Gold

I've noticed a slow-down on browsing since the upgrade, also noted your post earlier about making tweaks today but still found it sluggish this morning when clicking on links to different sections/threads. Unfortunately I didn't do much browsing yesterday to compare differences in speed to now.

Overall, looks refreshing upgrade and noticed a few funky features on the right of the threads.

Desktop, i5 3700k 4.5mhz, 16GB RAM, Win 10, Firefox browser.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Kylestrome said:

Yes, the grey circles are still there.

I've re-uploaded the icon image to see if was just a file glitch (although it seemed fine at this end) but I have a feeling it's something iOS related in the way it's creating a larger blank (like the hover behaviour). I've not seen widespread reports of it.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Denbridge said:

When I click on 'show filters' it just disappears with no actual filters appearing. 

On what device and OS?

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, AY Mod said:

It's not definitely sorted yet.

Is that the same as “definitely not sorted”?

KBO

Edited by Regularity
Typo
  • Funny 1