New Forum Software

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Regularity said:

Is that the same as “definitely not sorted”?

Quite the opposite. ;)

If I definitely knew it wasn't sorted your statement would be correct but at the time I didn't know whether it was properly sorted.

Haven't you got some text to write? ;)

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

It's like rebuilding a car engine, there's always some bolts that are left on the workbench afterwards. It looks like some components got left out of the new version.

I've found the missing bolt; just looking for where it should have been inserted.

• Thanks 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Pannier Tank said:

RMweb running noticeably faster this morning presumably due to "search index is currently processing"  :good:

That's only going to slow things to be honest; should only take about 4 days. :mellow:

• Moderators
1 hour ago, truffy said:

Hi Andy. Didn't we used to have a 'mark forum as read' button? We don't now.

The solution to this involves me creating a new theme; I've started work on it and you can give it a try by going to the bottom of the page; click on Theme and select RMweb 2021 from the dropdown. This may enable me to solve some other issues.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Crun said:

I have had problems seeing photographs and films in a thread on my old laptop with Windows 7 and an equally elderly IE. It looks fine on my new Mobile phone. I will open my new Windows 10 laptop with Edge and Chrome this evening to try this site again. It works and looks well on my mobile.

Looked good and worked well on my new Windows 10 laptop last night. Thanks for your efforts.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Crun said:

Looked good and worked well on my new Windows 10 laptop last night. Thanks for your efforts.

Just checked on my old laptop with Windows 7 and IE11 and I still can't see photographs or YouTube videos. I have looked at both 2020 and 2021 themes. The new theme looks good on whatever laptop or mobile phone I use. Cheers and thanks.

• Informative/Useful 1

I didn't see the doubling yesterday, but I am now. I am using Windows 10 with Opera. I also checked Chrome & that is the same. So judging from Meil's comment, it is not browser related.

Interestingly, RMWeb Gold users' "echo details" are in a different location: their profile "Echo" still being on the left but slightly lower instead of diagonally higher than the other one.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, truffy said:

Am I the only one who gets this on iPhone?

That looks like an issue which affected the whole site yesterday before I turned it back on when we thought we'd sorted it. Can you try that RMweb 2021 Theme mentioned above and see if it's the same on that please?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Oh lord....

btw, the ability to edit own posts seems to have temporarily vanished.

No. It's moved to the three dots on the upper right-hand side of the message. Not great, but it's there.

edit.png

Edited by truffy
image added
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, truffy said:

Change the theme, as @AY Mod notes above. Both that and the iPhone issue are fixed. 

and the thread read button is present and correct. Thanks Andy!

The 2021 theme only seems to like portrait rather than landscape orientation. When view in landscape it only uses 3/4 of the width of the screen.

Griff

Just now, truffy said:

No. It's moved to the three dots on the upper right-hand side of the message. Not great, but it's there.

Thanks, its not the way I work.

I'm having the same sort of cognitive disruption with new versions of other web software.  The new version of Firefox on Android has become completely unusable as far as I'm concerned and the Alexa app has changed its appearance too.

I believe its all being done to facilitate those who are devotees of various social media apps, which I don't use...

• Moderators
Just now, griffgriff said:

When view in landscape it only uses 3/4 of the width of the screen.

Do you mean there's space at the r/h side of the screen? Dependent on your screen res it may be leaving the column there that's on the desktop version for information/ads etc.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Thanks, its not the way I work.

I'm having the same sort of cognitive disruption with new versions of other web software.  The new version of Firefox on Android has become completely unusable as far as I'm concerned and the Alexa app has changed its appearance too.

I believe its all being done to facilitate those who are devotees of various social media apps, which I don't use...

The RMweb 2021 Theme has an Edit link to the left of the three dots now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, griffgriff said:

it looks like this.

It's obviously sufficient res to mimic desktop rather than mobile. It should have been like that before - nothing's changed in that respect on the update but let's get several other things settled which may improve it.

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It's obviously sufficient res to mimic desktop rather than mobile. It should have been like that before - nothing's changed in that respect on the update but let's get several other things settled which may improve it.

So I was lucky then? I don’t mind reading it in portrait on my iPad but reading on a phone may be more challenging. Thanks anyway.

Griff

• Thanks 1