New Forum Software

• Moderators
1 minute ago, melmerby said:

Argh.

I get two Andys

1632842976_forum2.JPG.849bd2cff9fee344a51b537c0cf511cd.JPG

Seriously, I am getting dual images on all posts.

Win 10, Firefox64, Core i7

Yeah that was flagged up just up the page and we are already investigating.

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

That looks like an issue which affected the whole site yesterday before I turned it back on when we thought we'd sorted it. Can you try that RMweb 2021 Theme mentioned above and see if it's the same on that please?

35 minutes ago, truffy said:

Am I the only one who gets this on iPhone?

249C2EEC-FBE6-48D7-A191-A3403FE3DC2E.png

fixed!

I was getting the same on my PC, but changing to 2021 Theme has fixed it.

Windows 7Pro, Firefox 81.0

Desktop site now loading if a bit odd in places on iPhone.

If I change the theme as suggested above I can no longer have the desktop site. 

At the moment it’s a choice between some weird picture behaviour with full functionality or a functional mobile site. 

Will await further updates patiently. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Should all platforms get a theme option?

I have 'forced' a change to RMweb 2021 theme to reduce the incidence of issues. At the moment users can still backtrack to RMweb 2020 if they need to for any reason but the problems on there will remain.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I have 'forced' a change to RMweb 2021 theme to reduce the incidence of issues. At the moment users can still backtrack to RMweb 2020 if they need to for any reason but the problems on there will remain.

I don't have RMweb 2020 in my Themes options, but I do have RMweb 2019 Gold. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Budgie said:

I don't have RMweb 2020 in my Themes options, but I do have RMweb 2019 Gold. 

You should have the option now, Gold wasn't as broken so if you're a Gold member that's an option.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

FWIW, my MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.7 seems very comfortable, with no difficulties yet encountered. 

I'd also say that I haven't had any issues since the upgrade, I've messaged, posted,  loaded images and run amok.

I'm running a Mac (High Sierra) with Safari Version 13.1.2 (13609.3.5.1.5)

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

23 hours ago, ejstubbs said:

Can I also observe that clicking on the topic title in the new content list now takes you to the first post on the first page, rather than behaving the same as "Go to first unread post", which it did before the upgrade.  (And yes, I know I can just click on the dot to the left of the thread title to "Go to first unread post" but it'll take a while to re-set that particular motor engram...)

I'm sure that changed at the last upgrade. My muscle memory still hasn;t got used to it.

17 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

You should have the option now, Gold wasn't as broken so if you're a Gold member that's an option.

I've tried both, there's nothing to choose between them, they're both ok.

The thing that confused was switching around the poster and time most recently posted to the right of topics.

(Getting used to the new ways of doing things... :rolleyes: )

Edited by Hroth

• RMweb Gold

Not seen this reported, apologies if it has been.

When in a topic, if a notification appears at the bottom of the screen, the background is black, but so is the text.

notification.png.9cb3d91ab1bcf80d9290d592e8c1f2a6.png

Edited by Stubby47
  • Agree 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

the background is black, but so is the text.

The text isn't black, it's very, very, very, very, very dark blue - a bit lighter than priests' socks.

The problem is that when you change one attribute it impacts something else somewhere else and you don't realise until it happens. I've made a tweak so I'll have to see if I've changed the right bit.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

I'm staying with the Gold 2019 theme for now but did have a quick look at the new 2021 default theme.

The 2021 theme gives me adverts, will there be a new Gold theme one day - when you have done the 1001 other tweaks?

Honestly, there is no rush, the current gold one is fine for now.

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, DaveF said:

will there be a new Gold theme one day

There will be David, just want to iron out the wrinkles function wise and then I can do that version.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, melmerby said:

Should all platforms get a theme option?

There is no theme option on the mobile version (according to iOS 13.4.- and Edge 45.8.13) that I can see. 2021 theme does not give a desktop version on this device. 

• RMweb Gold

One minor-ish iPad issue (iPadOS 13.6) is that, in the past, if I tapped on the title of a topic with unread content it would take me to the first unread item; on a PC I'd have to click on the dot to the left of the title. It's now taking me to the first item, rather than the first unread item; I need to tap on the dot to go to the first unread item, which is rather tricky.

I haven't changed any settings or upgraded the OS.

• Agree 1

• Moderators

I need to look at that still, it's changed from version to version and is a nuisance. We all have routine ways of behaving and it's a pig to get out of some habits.