New Forum Software

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Mattc6911 said:

You broke it, go on admit it, it was you wasn't it ?

Sort of; in so much as I was using the correct tool in the prescribed fashion but I may not have realised I was sitting on the wrong end of the branch that I was sawing through.

• Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, AY Mod said:

Sort of; in so much as I was using the correct tool in the proscribed fashion but I may not have realised I was sitting on the wrong end of the branch that I was sawing through.

Lol that's never going to end well !   Ill leave you in peace I' m sure you still have one or three items on your too do list :good_mini:

By the way has anyone reported that the wibbly wobbly is flubbadubbing again ? Im sure they will soon ! !!  :bye_mini:

• RMweb Gold

I doubt many people wil have noticed this.

At 23:59 I have several threads in the section headed "Last hour", all of them timed within the previous half hour.

At 00:00 I have nothing in "Last hour", and everything that was there is now added to "yesterday".

Nothing has changed with this, because that is what happened with the previous version of the software. Is that what is supposed to happen? I would expect anything timed within the past hour to be in the "Last hour" section, no matter which date applies to the thread.

Can it be changed?

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Mattc6911 said:

Lol that's never going to end well !   Ill leave you in peace I' m sure you still have one or three items on your too do list :good_mini:

By the way has anyone reported that the wibbly wobbly is flubbadubbing again ? Im sure they will soon ! !!  :bye_mini:

You need to send your excess o in too to Phil Parker, he is defective on the boredom thread!

Mike.

• Funny 1

The old problem with exhibition cancellations messing up VNC still seems to be there - unless I've been unlucky that the last item legitimately on VNC happened to be an exhibition cancellation...

image.png.b7d716d5776f3c530f76166400a4bbb4.png

Apologies if already reported - I only checked back the last couple of pages.  

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Just hang fire please - there's a bit of restoration work to be done.

OK, the Apps and plug-ins should now be restored so we should have usual functionality plus the return of Bookmarks.

• Thanks 8

• RMweb Premium
On 04/10/2020 at 00:43, OhOh said:

On a slightly related note: adding Tags when creating a New Topic can be helpful to readers too.

That's just reminded me that I haven't been able to make tags work since the February 2019 changes. Every tag I select brings up "no content found" or such like. Not a major issue, which is why I've never mentioned it before.

Edited by St Enodoc

• RMweb Gold

There is one thing that I notice hasn't been fixed in the new software. There is still no space between the word "Location" and someone's location. Is this down to the people who made the software, or is it something you can fix in due course?

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Budgie said:

There is one thing that I notice hasn't been fixed in the new software. There is still no space between the word "Location" and someone's location. Is this down to the people who made the software, or is it something you can fix in due course?

Put in colon space before your location.  A space on its own is ignored.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

22 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

That's just reminded me that I haven't been able to make tags work since the February 2019 changes. Every tag I select brings up "no content found" or such like. Not a major issue, which is why I've never mentioned it before.

I no expert, but I imagine it's not that they're not working as such, but more that unless people use tags in the first place then there won't be any related content for them to find.

It's no big deal really, and not of much use for very common subjects such as "Hornby" or "N gauge" as that'd be easily found in the relevant areas of the forums anyway, but I think they do become useful for quite specific subjects; "Dorman Long", "ICI Billingham", "Skerne Bridge" for example, especially if that content isn't mentioned in the thread title.

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, OhOh said:

I no expert, but I imagine it's not that they're not working as such, but more that unless people use tags in the first place then there won't be any related content for them to find.

A reasonable thought, but they're definitely not working. My topic has eight tags. When I search on any of them I get a nil return.

• RMweb Gold
On 03/10/2020 at 14:45, BokStein said:

I appreciate that you have had to make modifications so that 'View New Content' only shows the latest post; is it possible to offer the full list of new content since you last looked? (Thought: cookie last time viewed new content, load everything since).

If it helps I have just noticed that in New Content & Content posted in it doesn’t but in Content followed it does seem to be what you were wanting. Personally I am happy with that, as it would be my choice, but passed on for info’ as it might help your choice of default thread.

Edited by john new
Typo

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, dhjgreen said:

Put in colon space before your location.  A space on its own is ignored.

I shouldnt have to do that; it should be programmed in the first place.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

A reasonable thought, but they're definitely not working. My topic has eight tags. When I search on any of them I get a nil return.

Oh yes, apologies, I see what you mean now. I've just tried several searches using tags from various threads including yours and they all return nil results, even commonly used ones such as "oo". 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I may have missed it but is there any way of setting notifications so that only reaction to my posts are shown?

I'm getting strings of notifications for every post in a topic when somebody reacts to it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 07/10/2020 at 15:35, melmerby said:

I may have missed it but is there any way of setting notifications so that only reaction to my posts are shown?

I'm getting strings of notifications for every post in a topic when somebody reacts to it.

Ditto

• RMweb Gold

A couple of times recently I have been asked on here to Accept Cookies. I hate getting this on any site, and would cheerfully murder the misguided souls that pressed for it to become a requirement on every website. However, as a Gold Member, surely it can be assumed that I have accepted RMweb's Ts & Cs in their entirety, and understand that cookies are part of life? 

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

A couple of times recently I have been asked on here to Accept Cookies. I hate getting this on any site, and would cheerfully murder the misguided souls that pressed for it to become a requirement on every website. However, as a Gold Member, surely it can be assumed that I have accepted RMweb's Ts & Cs in their entirety, and understand that cookies are part of life? 

I've noticed that as well.

i have gone for months without being asked and now, since the software was updated, been asked several times.

I always accept but on many less used sites the cookies are are set to be removed as soon as I close the browser.

On the Freiwald website I get asked to accept cookies every time, others have also commented on it.

It is a fairly recent thing and Herr Freiwald claims it's nothing to do with the site (?)

Edited by melmerby