PP Set 381

Mallard60022

On 03/10/2020 at 16:04, chris45lsw said:

Yes, the 247 Developments sides are no longer available.

Chris KT

As an aside, I’d always thought of the 247 Developments name as to be along the lines of being always available. I’ve just realised it the common scales in the Uk!

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
On 28/11/2020 at 14:08, Talltim said:

As an aside, I’d always thought of the 247 Developments name as to be along the lines of being always available. I’ve just realised it the common scales in the Uk!

Never realised that...durrr.

P

• RMweb Premium
On 03/12/2020 at 18:55, 145 Squadron said:

Phil,

Does this mean you have given up on this project for the time being? Hope not.

Having all sorts of fun trying to progress my own set; could do with some company!

Tony

Oh sorry, no I am just trying to get things into priority. Not having done a lot despite all this indoor time. I often just do simple things to keep me sane at the moment and more challenging things are postponed, apologies. The Bogies are not a problem as I can fake those at some time!!!

However, maybe now you have said this I shall dig it out and have a fiddle around. After all I do have your inspirational pics to motivate me thanks.

Phil

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, 145 Squadron said:

In order to not clog this thread, which should be about Phil's efforts to construct this stock (which I will continue to watch for hints and tips) I have put my own efforts in my thread in the 'Modifying and Detailing RTR stock' section.

That means this thread will stagnate for years!!!!! Feel free to drop in anything you feel is worth it matey. All pics gratefully received.

Phil

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

Some 20+ years ago, I bought a set of Bill Bedford etches for an Ironclad P+P set and half way into the preparation, discovered that one half of the etches were in mirror-image.

It wasn’t too much of a faff to scribe all the door opening lines on the undetailed side and that was the answer.

No idea whether Bill responded to our feedback.

Btw, the relevant Terry Gough article is in Railway Toddler August 1967 full list HERE

I am getting ready to restart coach building after a diagnosis of COPD and Parkinsons, therefore taking the lazy route of using Dr.Gough’s article with ‘collectable’ Farish suburbans but taking full notice of the advances in new/better detailing parts.

StaySafe