Help request please. Decoder replaced with blank plug but loco apparently not working on DC

highpeakman

• RMweb Gold

Still having a problem with this one. I replaced the 8 pin decoder socket as I could see that one of the pin sockets was damaged. Unfortunately it is still not making good connection with supply volts and there seems to be some PCB track problems. 

If I was keeping the loco I would happily replace the PCB with hard wiring but, as I intend to sell it I would like to have it back to factory condition if possible.

So, I would now like to replace the whole circuit board but it seems that Gaugemaster (the official Heljan spares stockist) does not have a stock of Class 17 spares. The site states that no breakdown diagram is available for this model so I can't get the precise part number of the PCB. A reply to my query about this advises me that you just have to plough through the list of part numbers until you find what you want but although the parts price list contains several cl 17 part numbers there are no pictures or description of what each of them is. Curiously all cl17 parts that I have found are listed at £1ea. Perhaps I may have given up too soon as the list contains all the parts for all 00 Heljan locos (at least 1,000) and are not listed in any particular order but seem to be randomly listed. I could not find a way to reduce this list to just cl17 parts. A further query to GM about this has not yet been answered. 

So, please, if anyone has a part number diagram of the class 17 or knows of an available pre owned (or new) PCB to suit perhaps you would be kind enough to advise. Thanks.

Edit: Update: Further work on reflowing soldered joints on board appears to have solved the problem - at least for the moment! 

Edited by highpeakman
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 1