Belgian SNCB class 1 Pacific, new from Trix/Märklin in H0

Allegheny1600

A surprise announcement from Trix / Märklin is the forthcoming Belgian SNCB/NMBS class 1 pacific;

https://www.trix.de/de/lp/20/ueberraschungsmodell-2020/

Available, early next year, the whopping price of €599 is already being offered at €539 at two of Germany's major box shifters - a premium price to be sure but I've seen a Philotrain model go for over €1000!

To be fair, the market for Belgian steam locos must be rather limited?

I like it as it rather reminds me of the last two built Duchesses.

• Like 1

Very nice, and I look forward to a video of how the 'twin' smoke unit performs.....?

More importantly, its great to see a major manufacturer launching a high end 'niche' model in these uncertain times, though I realise it was probably in the pipeline before The Rona ruined all our parties....!

• Like 2

Sadly another "not at that price" here. I too have the DJH kit and luckily a set of works drawings purchased many years ago at Leuven which makes me aware of the 'compromises' in the kit (which are correctable) and have already done a set of flexichas bar frames for P87. Having had the pleasure of travelling behind the preserved example too many years ago perhaps I'll now advance it nearer the top of the to-do pile.

Edited by decauville1126
spelling
  • Like 1

Out of interest are there many differences between the batches? Could I just renumber the Trix example and get away with it?

I also had a run with 1.002 from Leuven to I think Eeklo a long time ago.

Stay safe,

Neil

Edited by Neils WRX

The first batch of 15 locomotives was delivered in 1935; the second batch of 20 locomotives in 1938. As far as I could find were all changes between the original first batch and second batch also applied to the first batch. Some changes were done on the first batch before 1938 (like adding of smoke deflectors). 

Regards

Fred

I’ve also noticed that Trix are also bringing out another rake of 4 M2 coaches in green for £345, now that is extortion....

My last ones were about £150 for 4.

Nearly talked myself into ordering a class 1 (not quite there yet) as I would like a steam loco for the Belgian Depot, as it could come on for water etc.

It’s either that or an 2 car B Models EMU (similar price)....

Stay safe,

Neil

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 10/10/2020 at 21:39, Neils WRX said:

I’ve also noticed that Trix are also bringing out another rake of 4 M2 coaches in green for £345, now that is extortion....

My last ones were about £150 for 4.

Nearly talked myself into ordering a class 1 (not quite there yet) as I would like a steam loco for the Belgian Depot, as it could come on for water etc.

It’s either that or an 2 car B Models EMU (similar price)....

Stay safe,

Neil