Matts workbench: 009, 00 & 016.5

Thought it was about time I started a workbench thread on here.

My modeling work recently has covered a few different scales and has been a mix of kit building, 3D printing and detailing RTR models. 

First up is the stock for a proposed light railway themed layout I'd like to build.

DSC_0470.JPG?format=1500w

The Y6, Hudswell Clarke style diesel, Beyer tram and the Bagnall are 3D printed bodies done on my Elegoo Mars printer. The coach nearest the Camera is a Ratio GWR 4 wheeler which still needs some finishing off. The next coach is a Piko HO 4 wheeler, which looks the part in a mixed train behind the HC diesel. J72 "Joem" and the "Pug" are RTR models that I've weathered and detailed. 

DSC_0468.JPG?format=1500w

An overview of some of my recent 009 projects. Anyone who knows me will be aware that I've been threatening to build a layout set in Cumbria for probably about 10 years, well here is some of the stock for it! Everything above has been 3D printed by me on my Elegoo Mars, bloody love that thing! The idea for this particular project is that the line was built by the Furness railway. I have a few location ideas in mind, but for now my focus is on my above light railway idea.

o1.jpg?format=1500w

And finally!  An 0-16.5 Kerr Stuart on the Electron chassis. This is a 3D print of my own design. Whilst it was fun to design and build I think a layout in this scale is a long way off.
For those interested there's some more close up shots of all the above models on my blog, here.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, relaxinghobby said:

The blue Piko HO 4 wheeler coach looks interesting in the light railway picture, the second coach from the front.

How well does the buffer beam height and distance apart from each other match that of 00 stock like the Ratio coach in front of it and the RTR locos like green Jeom ?

The buffer height isn't bad at all and they do match up OK. I probably won't run the coaches together I prefer the idea of running mixed trains, 1 coach and 1-2 wagons. Yes it's Joem, just weathered up and with some detailing bits added. 

Edited by MattDitch

Finally got around to finishing my Ruston 48DS inspired 3D printed kit in 009. I don't yet have an 009 layout but I'm thinking of building a small canal wharf with an engine shed and some sidings.

ruston2.jpg?format=2500w

The kit is of my own design and if you're interested it can be found here

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1