Images being uploaded upside down with no way of fixing.

Are the photos in 'portrait' or 'landscape' mode on your phone prior to uploading?  Either way, try rotating the pics 90 degrees (for those that are sideways) and 180 degrees (for those that are upside-down) before uploading and see if that resolves the issue?

Best
Al

Edited by YesTor

11 hours ago, YesTor said:

Are the photos in 'portrait' or 'landscape' mode on your phone prior to uploading?  Either way, try rotating the pics 90 degrees (for those that are sideways) and 180 degrees (for those that are upside-down) before uploading and see if that resolves the issue?

Best
Al

I had this problem about 5 months ago and it went away after a while, at the time I tried that and it just rotated an extra degree.

11 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

You have an iPhone, right?

Yes, an 8.

• Friendly/supportive 1

If you use an iPhone or iPad to take photos or videos, make sure that you do so in landscape mode and always have the Home Button on the right. This will avoid orientation issues.

John

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, JJGraphics said:

If you use an iPhone or iPad to take photos or videos, make sure that you do so in landscape mode and always have the Home Button on the right. This will avoid orientation issues.

Agreed or a photo taken in portrait if cropped to landscape will also stay right way up. It’s not the forum it’s how the iPhone records the data that it auto corrects on the phone. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

On another forum, I was guided to a program called IrfanView.  This does a number of of ueful tasks like rotating and reducing the size (bytes) of pictures. It should also crop, but I can never get that to work.  Mine was a free download.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I am having a problem with images uploaded from mY Windows 10 laptop.  Thevimages will all be in lanscape format on my machine but when I upload 5 or 6, whilst keeping under the 10Mb limit, one if them will be rotated through 90 degrees. I havevtried rotating the image backwards and forwards and re saving it on the laptop, but no joy. I have even rotated the image on the laptop before I uplowd it but it still stays 90 degrees to the right.  Any suggestions  would ge appreciated. This has only happenned on my Jamie's  Random railway pictures thread.

Jamie

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

I am having a problem with images uploaded from mY Windows 10 laptop.  Thevimages will all be in lanscape format on my machine but when I upload 5 or 6, whilst keeping under the 10Mb limit, one if them will be rotated through 90 degrees. I havevtried rotating the image backwards and forwards and re saving it on the laptop, but no joy. I have even rotated the image on the laptop before I uplowd it but it still stays 90 degrees to the right.  Any suggestions  would ge appreciated. This has only happenned on my Jamie's  Random railway pictures thread.

Jamie

Open in any paint program and save as a named new file and it should sort it. Again it’ll be hidden data from the camera. I sometimes use a screenshot of a photo and save that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1