The Budoc Bridge Branch to Page 9. Budoc Bridge TMD from Page 9.

Andrew P

11 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Like me at the moment with Seven Mills, I love running it, and I have 4mm Plans, but I don't want to lose SMS, but I know it must go if I want to do a proper 4mm like Pencarne.

Be shame if you lost SMS but if it's to make way for another project that's not too bad. I'm agonising over having a run round loop or not! 

• Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Thanks Andy. 

I'm still experimenting with static grass but I'll not use anything else now. 

As for Sheep Dip, we're stuck with my photos for the article. Perhaps Andy will be able to photograph it himself one day and do it proper justice.  

I'd really like to see that. 

Rob. 

Nowt wrong with them nipper, them look right good to me. :sungum:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sb67 said:

Be shame if you lost SMS but if it's to make way for another project that's not too bad. I'm agonising over having a run round loop or not! 

I had the same dilemma, without the run around I could have run a longer Train, but the operation would have been halved, now the best I can do on here, will be 5 x 16T Minerals and Brake. and that plus a small Loco like the 27 size is all the Fiddle Yard will take now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Thanks Andy. 

I'm still experimenting with static grass but I'll not use anything else now. 

As for Sheep Dip, we're stuck with my photos for the article. Perhaps Andy will be able to photograph it himself one day and do it proper justice.  

I'd really like to see that. 

Rob. 

O.K I'm doing mine this week for Seven Mills, but I guess that's easier.

This is one I did from New Mills for RM.

Double Headed 37's.

DSCF3011.JPG.d6e9de45b26702342bb2b7d357b98a34.JPG

• Like 7

Slow start today, but this morning I cleaned up an old backscene board and fitted it ready for a re paint in the next few days.

Also the Y Point arrived, so that is ready, along with the Med Right that came the other day for modifying to fit the Autofrogs.

IMG_3000.JPG.323dbd838a8e43fa82432873e37fcee3.JPG

IMG_3001.JPG.a3d43eb2772cea5ee221822f6979188a.JPG

IMG_3002.JPG.4c89b774f5440491be6acfa754debe31.JPG

• Like 12

49 minutes ago, Danemouth said:

Andy,

Following yet another Peters build with antcipation. Looking at the backscene boards did you paint them or are they a commercial product?

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave, It's white faced 3mm MDF, my old builders merchant in Swad used to cut them to size for me.

Then it's a light dusting of Halfords Ford Olympic Blue and having some Halfords White primer handy incase you over do things.

I will be sorting out the far right end board and then also toning down the blue all over on this Layout as its a small area, and a low backscene.

A demo of it can be found here in the first 5 minutes or so.

I hope it's of some help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

All looking very promising Mr P.

I do note that no track plan has been published so based on previous experience I am assuming there may yet be some slight major total modification.

• Funny 4

8 hours ago, ELTEL said:

I’ve just watched your painting a back scene video for the first time.

Brilliant 

Terry 

Haha, Thanks Terry, It was a bit of fun, I always enjoy teaching and so I thought it would be a challenge, but I never expected to see myself leaping around like a demented frog, :P

7 hours ago, Bogie said:

All looking very promising Mr P.

I do note that no track plan has been published so based on previous experience I am assuming there may yet be some slight major total modification.

Ho Bogie, I haven't drawn one out as such, but this time many days were spent with the tape measure ensuring it would all work both train length wise, and operationally. so at the moment this is the final plan.

I've no intention of over filling the boards with loads of sidings, (which I did try BTW), or putting in a Station which again would have meant Buildings, so again would have changed the whole nature of the Plan.

it was @Captain Kernow who actually mentions in his planning for Bethesda Sidings that he didn't want a Station, and the outcome there is the sort of thing I wanted to replicate, but with even less Buildings, and even more remote.

The same applies to both @Alister_G Ladmanlow Sidings, and Rob /  @NHY 581  Sheep Dip, a Platform would crowded the scene.

So the short answer is, this is the final Plan, for now.:)

Looking from the Fiddle Yard.

491141914_IMG_3001-Copy.JPG.a2dca3cbe28e775187adfe92f864e5c9.JPG

• Like 15

7 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Ooh good. Look forward to that.

Me too, my biggest problem will be parting with Seven Mills and it's stock, I still love running it and feeling the shear weight and mass of the Locos, plus the sounds.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Heyup Andy, as usual I'm a bit slow off the mark finding this.

Very much looking forward to seeing this develop. I didn't realise, from conversations on Ladmanlow, that you were getting rid of Seven Mills to do this though, that's a great shame.

Cheers mate,

Al.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

29 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Heyup Andy, as usual I'm a bit slow off the mark finding this.

Very much looking forward to seeing this develop. I didn't realise, from conversations on Ladmanlow, that you were getting rid of Seven Mills to do this though, that's a great shame.

Cheers mate,

Al.

Hi Al, No not getting rid of Seven Mills to do this one mate.

This sits over the Work Bench, and all I need to do is remove the Fiddle Yard board to fit the Seven Mills Board across the door. Although the Seven Mills board will no longer swing at 90 degrees, but is now just a lift off. If Seven Mills goes, it will be a total room re vamp, in order to fit a larger 4mm project in.

At the moment I'm just re testing the 4mm waters if you like, and also giving myself a small project to be doing.

Here is where I'm at.

1132756155_PODPLAN.png.14270dd09f060c71904e92444c841f22.png

IMG_2984.JPG.56e9cfaccd1464bdd2160854fd808261.JPG

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Could you hinge the SMS fiddle yard so that it folds (up) vertically when not in use?

I shall watch this build with interest as you might be able to give me some pointers for the scenery on my O gauge "layout" that is only getting buildings to hide the surface mounted servos that work the points.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ray H said:

Could you hinge the SMS fiddle yard so that it folds (up) vertically when not in use?

I shall watch this build with interest as you might be able to give me some pointers for the scenery on my O gauge "layout" that is only getting buildings to hide the surface mounted servos that work the points.

Hi Ray, Thanks but no, there is the Light switch and shelves in the way. Besides, hinging it would mean it would still stick out about 4 inches from the wall, and that would be in the way. It's just as easy to lift it off.

IMG_2224.JPG.7923bde5f7791e59397a23a324c0a7ba.JPG

• Like 3