The Budoc Bridge Branch to Page 9. Budoc Bridge TMD from Page 9.

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Bit slow again mate, you been lookin at too many Girl Punk Bands, haha. Now I cant see what I'm writing as a bloomin advert has popped up again.:nono:

My add blocker is helping prevent them.

Anyhow what is wrong in listening and promoting punk bands mainly composed of ladies. Got a good Icelandic band for you to listen to.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

No, why you wanna buy it? It'll go well with your Pig Sty  WOOPS Pig Lane Layout.

I will see how much there is left in the kids piggy banks before making an offer.

The Pig Sty was supposed to be going to the Hinckley exhibition this month and Glasgow next February :(

• Friendly/supportive 4

This morning I also popped some paint on the Backscene where I cant fit a high embankment, and also fitted the Buffer Stops.

There are two different Buffer Stops, the one on the Siding is a cut down and modified Hornby block, with a top Cross Beam from the Peco Bullhead Buffer Stop Pack, using the spare EM Gauge one. This Buffer has had to go close to the Backscene as the siding is only just long enough to clear the Kadee Magnets.

The other on the Old through line is a Peco Bullhead one, as they are so much better than a standard Peco one. The feet need a slight tweak with a Sharp knife to remove the small feet and are then glued (Bodgit Style) on top of the Rails, and will later be hidden with Ballast and Foliage etc.

IMG_3033.JPG.c975c5e4281e85e5eb0c2fb2ba42628b.JPG

IMG_3034.JPG.92583d76331be69cefb3ab469832bf9b.JPG

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

A few jobs done over the last few days.

Firstly all the Track Feeds and Fiddle Yard are now completed and tested with a Two pin Plug connecting the two boards.

IMG_3036.JPG.b2d2985c5f3e888ad72ffa9064b7994e.JPG

image.png.89201b93dec479f224d417d0964ae883.png

Thanks Andy, that's given me an idea for my own layout...

• Like 1

All looking very nice Andy, I like the use of the chocolate block connectors. I wish I had your working pace, I cant even get past the planning phase in the time it takes you to build a layout! 

• Friendly/supportive 1

On board now, Andy. (About time too, eh?) 

What you got against a class 14, would look beautiful on this.

Mind you could be trumped by a suitably weathered pannier,

especially a small one. Both would be very Forest of Dean,

although I'm not convinced by a Class 37. They were very late

visitors, and to my mind always out of place.

Looking forward to further developments,

TONY

• Thanks 1

Hi,

like you I'm not keen on that walling, at least it's current form.  It would look much better in a more ramshackle state with missing and dislodged coping stones as befits a hand-laid wall that's not had any maintenence in years and lots of weathering and weeds.  Failing that a fence, either 4, 5 or even 6 strand wire or 4 bar wooden in a similar state of disrepair with brambles etc.

Roja

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Thanks Andy, that's given me an idea for my own layout...

5 hours ago, sb67 said:

All looking very nice Andy, I like the use of the chocolate block connectors. I wish I had your working pace, I cant even get past the planning phase in the time it takes you to build a layout! 

Yes I've used the Cockie Blocks on a few Layouts, there is a 12 way under the middle of Seven Mills for the Track and Points, it's fitted the same way but up side down and cut into the joining frames.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mulgabill said:

On board now, Andy. (About time too, eh?) 

What you got against a class 14, would look beautiful on this.

Mind you could be trumped by a suitably weathered pannier,

especially a small one. Both would be very Forest of Dean,

although I'm not convinced by a Class 37. They were very late

visitors, and to my mind always out of place.

Looking forward to further developments,

TONY

Thanks Tony, Remember, this is set in Scotland at the moment with a Sliding Window / Tablet Catcher 27, but who knows how it might develop in someone else's hands when I sell it.

Definitely not a 14 or 37 on here though whilst I have it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 37Oban said:

Hi,

like you I'm not keen on that walling, at least it's current form.  It would look much better in a more ramshackle state with missing and dislodged coping stones as befits a hand-laid wall that's not had any maintenence in years and lots of weathering and weeds.  Failing that a fence, either 4, 5 or even 6 strand wire or 4 bar wooden in a similar state of disrepair with brambles etc.

Roja

Your spot on Roja, I'm going to look at it being a retaining wall for the rear Grass Embankment, if I do, some tops, as you suggested will be broken away, and it will be joined together better.

515727687_WallEmbankmentidea.png.10cc660e941842f8565d8c921fef4f50.png

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Andrew P said:

with a Two pin Plug connecting the two boards.

Been meaning to ask for a while . . .

Do these work as a friction fit, or do screws needs to be tightened/loosened every time you split the boards?

Paul.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

Been meaning to ask for a while . . .

Do these work as a friction fit, or do screws needs to be tightened/loosened every time you split the boards?

Paul.

Hi Paul, The Pins are actually a split pin, so a small screwdriver in the split opens them up, in over 5 years of use on various Layouts I've never had to re do any to my recollection. You can just see the split in the image below.

image.png.550053b27f6f8e5a0c586d2e9e350dc8.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

So this afternoon I decided to have a look at the Bridge. I found a couple of nogins of wood, and some spare Metcalf Brick Card in the right colour that I wanted. 

Hot Glue Gun sorted out the rest.

Then cut the backscene and fitted that, then out with the Paints to finish it off.

IMG_3044.JPG.895719b5a462eb26187c437af6d317b8.JPG

IMG_3045.JPG.4321c8b9f97baa8453a6e29833dd8365.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG.bc65659f27b5c3f5c5e90610067ad743.JPG

IMG_3047.JPG.cd405796aaa534eeab1d68b8039f7a1e.JPG

Next will be the Grass Embankment along the back, something like this.

790044492_IMG_3047-Copy.JPG.3614b831349f0a091c5f509f256fb452.JPG

• Like 10

Ref push fit choc block.

Yep I've just been using them on my build just one thing; remember to have the live feed to the female side just in case you separate them while the power is on.

I also have coloured one end of the block to polarise them as I have them hanging free under my boards and not screwed down like Andy's. 

The wires are bound in spira-wrap and they are attached to the board underneath via self adhesive cable retainers. 

Best

Edited by Barnaby
add title
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2