The Budoc Bridge Branch to Page 9. Budoc Bridge TMD from Page 9.

Andrew P

1 hour ago, Donington Road said:

Andy, I don't like being critical but that steel bridge doesn't look right with the centre span.  I know your thinking, it is a view blocker but would putting wing walls to the two abutments do the same thing?   An alternative would be to construct the bridge sides as brick built which IMO would blend better should you keep the existing centre pier.

I see where your coming from Mick, but the idea of Wing Walls would encroach to much into the viewing area, I did look at that before I started and didn't like it, as it looked to enclosed and crowded that end of the Layout.

Once I'd done the outer pillars it looked to open hence the centre support. Also I had no Red Brick Paper / Card or Plasticard in stock.

I'll give it a while whilst I have a think. As the Bridge Deck is still not fixed I can change that at any time.

Thanks for input mate, even though I have largely ignored it for now.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy,

I am unconvinced of how to power the points at the moment. I'm looking at possibly using a couple of Tortoise for the two points that are on or near the scenic boards on my new layout, but am undecided on the staging sidings points. I had thought of SEEP ones, but read quite a bit about unreliability ... still a bit concerned for N that the solenoid type throw the blades with too much force, but maybe that's me just overthinking things.  

I presume your using SEEP based on past experience and they have always been ok?  I'll take a look at the DCC80 Autofrogs.

Cheers

Rich

• Like 1

Before reading Mick's post that I answered above, I went out and found a tub of Slaters Fine Light Earth, it must be 30 years old by the price label on the packet, £1.50. So that and some more Green Flock and the whole thing is now toned down more and blended together, so it was wet with a misting bottle and 50/50 PVA / Water was added, just have to wait for it to dry so that I can start adding some Flockage, (Trademark = @Alister_G).

IMG_3077.JPG.a2e7112c85c05b1fbe8b38d213be0200.JPG

IMG_3078.JPG.cfbcb1899c3c9f86cdeac979dba057e2.JPG

IMG_3079.JPG.6436fdfae15cd3f83c7d53d3776c5ca1.JPG 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 14

9 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Thanks Andy,

I am unconvinced of how to power the points at the moment. I'm looking at possibly using a couple of Tortoise for the two points that are on or near the scenic boards on my new layout, but am undecided on the staging sidings points. I had thought of SEEP ones, but read quite a bit about unreliability ... still a bit concerned for N that the solenoid type throw the blades with too much force, but maybe that's me just overthinking things.  

I presume your using SEEP based on past experience and they have always been ok?  I'll take a look at the DCC80 Autofrogs.

Cheers

Rich

Yes  Rich, they have been troublesome, but only on the areas mentioned above, not the actual throw. Remember DCC80 are for DCC Layouts only, I cant remember if your N Gauge Layout is DC or DCC mate.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

What ho Peters dear chap

Scotland you say? Now that has made Constable what ever his name is very scared. Please can he have a cap not a helmet so that peskie woman Miss Rivette Counteer doesn't have ago at him, again.

Toddle Pip

Lt, Colonel La-de-da Hyphen Poshname (Rtd)

P.S. The vicar and Sergeant Mr Shoutalot both say hello.

• Funny 4

39 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

What ho Peters dear chap

Scotland you say? Now that has made Constable what ever his name is very scared. Please can he have a cap not a helmet so that peskie woman Miss Rivette Counteer doesn't have ago at him, again.

Toddle Pip

Lt, Colonel La-de-da Hyphen Poshname (Rtd)

P.S. The vicar and Sergeant Mr Shoutalot both say hello.

No Buildings, No people, what could possibly go wrong?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

No Buildings, No people, what could possibly go wrong?

Hi Andy

I think the Colonel is just playing safe. You know how you change things halfway through a project, as they use to say on Stingray, "Anything can happen in the next half hour".

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

47 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Andy

I think the Colonel is just playing safe. You know how you change things halfway through a project, as they use to say on Stingray, "Anything can happen in the next half hour".

That brings back some memories. 

Forgot to say Andy, just found your new thread. Another layout!

Edited by tender
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brossard said:

Amazing speed of construction and great looking with it.  Cracking stuff Andy.

Lovely blast from the past Clive.

John

Cheers John, and I don't remember any Stingray programs, I guess I must be a lot younger than Clive,  @Clive Mortimore after all.:laugh:

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers John, and I don't remember any Stingray programs, I guess I must be a lot younger than Clive,  @Clive Mortimore after all.:laugh:

I know I am younger than you.

I can recall you saying you use to go aircraft spotting, am I right? Anyhow in my day a De Havilland Comet was a jetliner not the red racer you remember.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_DH.88_Comet#/media/File:De_Havilland_DH88_Comet.jpg

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

What? You don't remember the lovely Marina, Aqua Marina? I'll have to send a Titan Terror Fish round to sort you out...

T. Tempest (Capt)

Edited by St Enodoc
  • Like 1
  • Funny 4

11 hours ago, Alister_G said:

You're very welcome to keep using flockage, it is after all a technical term, like paintage and ballastage...

Oh and very nice flockaging so far, it looks great.

Al.

Cheer Al, I'll do some hooveringage later before I go into the loft to do some measuringage up.

More pics later.:good:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

8 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

What? You don't remember the lovely Marina, Aqua Marina? I'll have to send a Titan Terror Fish round to sort you out...

T. Tempest (Capt)

I think the only kids show I remember was Bill and Ben, I was generally doing my own thing, usually with Mecarno etc. 

Even these days, we very rarely have the TV on especially nowadays, on the age of Laptops and iPads.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

16 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

Looks great Andy, what do you use for your shrubbery?

Lots of different stuff Chris.

I have Woodlands Scenics Clump Foliage in two different colours, I also scrumple small bits off both and put into a tub. Then I have W/S Underbush in two colours and use them on their own and also put some in to the tub, then I have some various flocks and shrubbery bits that I throw in here and there.

When I go out to do it, I'll photograph the products and and show how I use it mate, probably be tomorrow now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

Thanks Andy,

I'm thinking of getting some clump foliage but there is so much to choose from (colours and manufacturers) I wasn't sure what to get

O.K. young Chris, first of all the stuff that I use, (other products are available).:swoon:

I did put them up the right way, :rolleyes: but MY COMPUTER has decided IT KNOWS BETTER.:angry:

IMG_3087.JPG.edd65e384dbf804d6626e7fe1b783ae8.JPG

IMG_3088.JPG.05814c74c7ca675fa48a8c8b1956349c.JPG

I DON'T LIKE THIS DARK GREEN THAT THEY CLASS AS MEDIUM, so I nearly always use it behind a lighter colour or Flock over it later. 

On Trebudoc, I dabbed it with Yellow Paint to make it a Gauze Bush.

IMG_3089.JPG.a1cd73b7134cf2bc38101d44f893b3fb.JPG

IMG_3090.JPG.93ce450333c72cf7fd294f6fefe6cc6a.JPG

IMG_3091.JPG.89b16ff599fcbc72b1f93af27119d355.JPG

IMG_3092.JPG.44eb057decea40cdf5ddc691ebd1fb5e.JPG

IMG_3094.JPG.08264d3948865fbd403dad3d0cf392e7.JPG

IMG_3095.JPG.c67bc7188dfd179f1e83590481b9d162.JPG

IMG_3096.JPG.3c204c1a3adce42f10ca32e0d43c7d08.JPG

IMG_3097.JPG.22da0277a079463865748cd5246abb25.JPG

IMG_3098.JPG.c05d26e7a284315a8e0bf501a8e50434.JPG

This Peco Static Grass forms  balls in the Tub, and so I end up dabbing it on the PVA.

IMG_3099.JPG.2fe4eaf58d74405805c6ee296363edcb.JPG

IMG_3101.JPG.1ff69ceaf66a9402105e56607f6af2a6.JPG

IMG_3100.JPG.b7d6eec3c48ac5a6d5a5fd3ad800d2f0.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 2