KR Models announce the Consett Iron Ore Wagon

KR Models

https://krmodels.co.uk/collections/oo-gauge/products/consett-iron-ore-wagon

The Consett Ore wagon was built for the conveyance of iron Ore from Tyne Dock to Consett specially constructed wagons of 56 tons capacity have been provided. Each wagon is fitted with: -the: vacuum automatic brake and four power-operated side discharge doors which are under the control of the train locomotive driver.

These operated with the 9F and then the class 24.

We would like to introduce this model both in OO and N gauges. 

It will be available in 3 packs of 3 wagons, using different running numbers.  We will also offer a rake pack of all 9 wagons. The CAD work is done, tooling is underway.

Delivery is expected 1st qtr 2021

Prices are 3 pack £67.00 and 9 pack £199.00

Consette Ore Wagon 1.png

Consette Ore Wagon 2.png

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

under frame is wrong as there were 4 tanks not 2

& there should be cross bracing on the frame work

you have the 2 tanks linked to the linkage from the brake cylinder the tanks were for air to open the doors & notting to do with the brakes

brake v hangers should be on the outside of the chassis not the inside

Edited by mozzer models

26 minutes ago, mozzer models said:

under frame is wrong as there were 4 tanks not 2

& there should be cross bracing on the frame work

you have the 2 tanks linked to the linkage from the brake cylinder the tanks were for air to open the doors & notting to do with the brakes

brake v hangers should be on the outside of the chassis not the inside

Many thanks, we'll look into this.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, KR Models said:

Tooling is underway, not finished. We can still change issues and errors.

When someone is hell bent on being a troll and has a fetish for bashing KRM, basic English skills go out the window. Just ignore it and carry on. Ya'll have done a great job so far. Best of luck with the model. I'm sure it will be a success.

Modifications to tooling after the 1st EP stage is common knowledge, but a troll will never understand that. Even when you're open to constructive criticism and ask for help, trolls will take that negatively. 

• Like 6
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, KR Models said:

Do you have any drawings or photos of the underside?

Bit late asking for drawings now. Do better research before getting things drawn up...

Baz

• Agree 4
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

When someone is hell bent on being a troll and has a fetish for bashing KRM, basic English skills go out the window. Just ignore it and carry on. Ya'll have done a great job so far. Best of luck with the model. I'm sure it will be a success.

Modifications to tooling after the 1st EP stage is common knowledge, but a troll will never understand that. Even when you're open to constructive criticism and ask for help, trolls will take that negatively. 

Nothing has been delivered by KRM yet. All projects have poor research backgrounds..

Baz

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, Barry O said:

Bit late asking for drawings now. Do better research before getting things drawn up...

Baz

Ummm....no! Technically a manufacturer can even make changes and re-visit drawings even after a product is released if they feel it can be approved or have information to improve it and have the cash to spend. Bigger manufacturers are constantly updating tooling for various models, most of those changes are internal.  This project of KRM's has only just gone into the tooling. Changes are still easy to make. If you're going to flood KRM threads with your negativity, at least make sure you have some fact to back up your claims. I'd expect someone like you to know at least that much? Or is it a classic case of common sense goes out the window when you just want to be a troll. A classic feature in almost all KRM threads is the three trolls that won't stop.

1 hour ago, Barry O said:

Nothing has been delivered by KRM yet. All projects have poor research backgrounds..

Baz

Even when a manufacturer puts their hands up, accepts their mistakes and asks for help, people like you have an issue with it. I think you just want to flood KRM topics with your posts. You never really have an constructive criticism.

Another one with a KRM bashing fetish!! Best ignored henceforth... :angel: 

• Like 3
  • Agree 6
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Ummm....no! Technically a manufacturer can even make changes and re-visit drawings even after a product is released if they feel it can be approved or have information to improve it and have the cash to spend. Bigger manufacturers are constantly updating tooling for various models, most of those changes are internal.  This project of KRM's has only just gone into the tooling. Changes are still easy to make. If you're going to flood KRM threads with your negativity, at least make sure you have some fact to back up your claims. I'd expect someone like you to know at least that much? Or is it a classic case of common sense goes out the window when you just want to be a troll. A classic feature in almost all KRM threads is the three trolls that won't stop.

Even when a manufacturer puts their hands up, accepts their mistakes and asks for help, people like you have an issue with it. I think you just want to flood KRM topics with your posts. You never really have an constructive criticism.

Another one with a KRM bashing fetish!! Best ignored henceforth... :angel: 

Well if you read up on the Fell I did point them towars Mike Edge who had done a lot of research on the Fell before setting up the Judith Edge kits model.. they didn't seem to know that one is available.

In the casevof the Consett Ore Hoppers they don't seem to be aware of the Dave Bradwell kit .. which does have the bits they are missing...

So information is available but they don't seem to know much about...

What is available in anything but the rtr supply list

How to get the information together to get a model correct early 8n the process.

It should not be up to us to provide a list of things which need to be corrected..they should slow down the number of models they are trying to do and get the information correct. 

I know how much it costs to design and produce a model especially from a Chinese factory and also the amount of research neede to get it as correct as it can be. Every change to an EP costs money...research gets the EPs into a good shape.

Baz

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

I'm pleased these are getting done - the kits are beyond me - but a quick look through some photos show there are a few details missing - the end operating/locking lever for the doors, and the top internal bracing - a pair either side of the internal divider. Also the inside of the opening doors had 5 6 bracing strips each, which were not often caught on camera.

Edited by stovepipe
  • Agree 1

Good luck to KR with this and thanks to  mozzer models for pointing out the errors. If the corrections are made, it should be a super wagon. Nine wagons, all individually numbered? That’s the way to do it! Go on, KR, give us a discount of £1 per pack for buying all three packs! :D

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I may well be in for a rake of these although I have enough unbuilt kit versions to make a up a full rake.

A couple of points.  With regards to the underframe there is an operating rod that runs between the two brake cross members that goes above one and under the other as per this photo of one of my wagons:

IMG_2319.JPEG.1105593ed4fff2ca24a5c5a29f33e1ec.JPEG

From the drawings, you also have one of the air pipes coming out of the end of the wagon, that's not how they were, there was a pipe ran from under the buffer beam.

John

Edited by johndon
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1