KR Models announce the Consett Iron Ore Wagon

KR Models

• RMweb Premium

I have just sold the last item in a fellow RMWebbers estate. He chose what he bought well and it has probably returned a little bit more than he invested. When these wagons and the GT3 are available they could be collectors items.. but that will only happen if the models sold are to a very high standard.

Bas

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 1

I will never quite understand the collectable values of model trains. In the last week, I've paid $500 (including fees) for a model that regularly goes for $1200, and sold a model on an offer for $1100 that I paid much less than that for not 3 months prior. The $500 model was a sought after brass loco, and the $1100 one a 'common' RTR plastic model.

End of the day, the value of a model is not what it costs or what it sells for. It is how much enjoyment I get out of it whilst I have it/whilst I am alive. GT3 is a model I have wanted for a long time and was looking into options for once I came back into the UK scene after a break, and the Consett Iron Ore wagons are another. I model British to enjoy my modelling as well as modelling Australian seriously. Only one thing truly matters: :locomotive:

• Like 3

There is no logic to the value of "collectables". 

They have a price determined by the scarcity of the item and the number of collectors.  A large number of people bought the old BR "totems" when the railway management brought out new station signs to fit their corporate image.   Despite rust and chipped enamel, these changed hands for silly money, then the bottom fell out of that market; it seems to be creeping back up again though.  There was a time when lots of people (from the King downwards) collected used postage stamps, now hardly anybody does, so those valuable collections are all but worthless.  The few people who still collect them would rather have a defective stamp (for example with one of the colours missing, or a legend printed upside down) than one that properly passed quality control.  Such things are not an investment.  They might have a good market value at a point in time, but that can evaporate almost overnight when it is realised that collecting things for the sake of it is pointless.

• Like 1

I have came across a strange problem with KR when I tried to add additional wagons to my order, I have had to order separately as to add on to my original one would mean having to cancel the order and be charged 10% for the privilege of doing so to raise a new order! Apparently it is the way the website platform works according to Michael Revel.

16 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

That's a choice that the proprietor makes when the payment platform is set up.  Were you were fully aware when you initially ordered ?

As a trader I would use the function to stop fickle purchases then cancellations.

Unfortunately for us, that's how Shopify works. We haven't been able to find a way to allow us to amend orders in the manner that Mark wants us to, if they even support it. As such, the only way we can achieve what Mark wants us to do is to cancel the original order, refund the money minus the service charge, and he can re-make the order as he intends.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, KR Models said:

Unfortunately for us, that's how Shopify works. We haven't been able to find a way to allow us to amend orders in the manner that Mark wants us to, if they even support it. As such, the only way we can achieve what Mark wants us to do is to cancel the original order, refund the money minus the service charge, and he can re-make the order as he intends.

That may be how Shopify works, but it was your choice to use Shopify.

Forgive me if I'm missing something but why should Mark have to lose 10% when all he has to do is place a second order for the additional wagons that he wants?

8 minutes ago, cornelius said:

Shopify orders can be edited by the merchant within 60 days of creation. 

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/edit-orders

I stand corrected. Our website technician is an idiot then. Thank you, will fix accordingly.

EDIT: I should note, this works for orders solely through Shopify. That wouldnt work for our current partial payment system.

Edited by KR Models
Expanding on a point
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 minute ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Forgive me if I'm missing something but why should Mark have to lose 10% when all he has to do is place a second order for the additional wagons that he wants?

I suggested exactly that in our email chain, but refused to do such a thing because he didn't want to pay for delivery twice.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

It should also be possible to manually create an order for the customer in the store admin and apply a custom postage cost (if you wished to do so), although if you're using an add-on for pre orders it may also conflict with this.

I've been a satisfied user of the Shopify platform for 5+ years so drop me a line if you could do with any additional help. 

The most annoying thing about having multiple Shopify orders you want to ship together is that there doesn't seem to be a way to reconcile them to a single fulfilment in Royal Mail click and drop so there's always a bit of extra admin needed there. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, KR Models said:

I suggested exactly that in our email chain, but refused to do such a thing because he didn't want to pay for delivery twice.

since you have claimed this I must respond publicly !

I did not refuse all I wanted was to add to an existing order!

Who wants to pay for something twice!

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 1whitemoor said:

"Sales of the Consett (iron ore hopper) are very, very low" 

From KR models YouTube update. 

Paul A. 

To clarify, remaining units left are very low. Sales for this have been amazing.

• Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, johndon said:

You should have 2 :)

and a Class 40 to push....

When the Tyne Dock to Consett ore trains were dieselised they needed eleven diesels to replace ten steam.

Edited by Les1952
  • Like 3