KR Models announce the Consett Iron Ore Wagon

KR Models

8 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I’m sorry if you think i’m the one being rude, however when someone demands answers, to something they cannot be bothered to discover themselves, its a common courtesy to at least say “ please”.

I found the ask to be very rude.

Kr models posted the video for a reason.. to get viewers watching it, not one spokesman to note down and advise everybody else.. they could do that themselves if thats what they want to share.

I consider myself very helpful... if you disagree then I guess I should delete my 9k posts, 120+ videos and 500+ photographs as obviously its not meeting the grade and i’m wholly inadequate and dont deserve to be here.

Rather than shooting the messenger, why not watch the message ?

theres a ton of useful stuff in that video including Bellerphron and Leader.  (Sorry ive not typed out what those specifics are either before anyone asks, as Ive other things to do, and you might actually find it interesting to watch).

Rightly or wrongly, many of us don't 'do' Facebook as a matter of principle.

If manufacturers confine their pronouncements to a single platform, they will miss a significant proportion of their potential market.

CJI.

• Agree 9

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

If manufacturers confine their pronouncements to a single platform, they will miss a significant proportion of their potential market.

CJI.

But no disrespect intended, but its not my fault. I am not a spokesman for KRModels.

KR chose their own mediums to advertise, I am not affiliated with them in any way.

All I did was redirect the user where to find the information…

for some reason, some seem to think It should be given to them on a silver platter, and start childish remarks when it isnt.

I didnt watch, memorise or take notes of the video, I just happened to watch it in context to GT3 re-run some few weeks ago and recalled they mentioned it. I have a day job, so apologies for taking the lazy route, and suggesting how to find it.

next time it can wait until I have spare time to re-watch and give a full set of script details… but that may be a long time coming…so forgive me if next time I say nothing at all, at least that way I wont get shot.

its even more insulting as often I spend hours finding answers to help people, researching online, making odd videos etc or rip apart a perfectly goid model to just to give insights and posting it on here.. to be rewarded by @Darius43’s judgements…honestly its upsetting.

What happened to good old fashioned research ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

1 minute ago, adb968008 said:

But no disrespect intended, but its not my fault. I am not a spokesman for KRModels.

KR chose their own mediums to advertise, I am not affiliated with them in any way.

All I did was redirect the user where to find the information…

for some reason, some seem to think It should be given to them on a silver platter, and start childish remarks when it isnt.

I didnt watch, memorise or take notes of the video, I just happened to watch it in context to GT3 re-run some few weeks ago and recalled they mentioned it. I have a day job, so apologies for taking the lazy route, and suggesting how to find it,  next time it can wait until I have spare time to re-watch and give a full set of script details… but that may be a long time coming.

What happened to good old fashioned research ?

No criticism of you intended; I merely wished to explain - principally and hopefully to KRM - why the sole use of Facebook might be counter-productive.

CJI.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cctransuk said:

CJI.

There are a number of good reasons for not using facebook and certain other platforms which I collectively term as Anti-social Media.

• It is a source of insecurity, albeit mostly self-inflicted, as far too many users publish far more personal information about themselves than is wise, facilitating targeted malware attacks
  • There is a great deal of personal abuse posted by morons concerning other people.  
  • From what I keep hearing from others, there is a lot of general unpleasantness which is causing mental health problems and even suicides amongst the vulnerable.
  • It is clearly being widely used by those who propound conspiracy theories and "fake news".
  • Popular unquestioning acceptance of nonsense circulated through such systems has such results as widespread refusal to be vaccinated against a pandemic and the election of Donald Trump, and it will continue to do the same elsewhere
  • Like 3
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Sometimes "principles" get in the way of pragmatism.  

My 'principle' is that I choose to not view a platform that I believe to be the source of much personal insecurity and 'fake news'.

If the price is not knowing the latest gossip relating to KRM, I will willingly go without.  At the end of the day, the models will arrive when they arrive; the latest delivery 'update', which will change with the tides, etc., will not make one jot of difference.

I was merely defending the position of a non-user of Facebook - end of!

CJI.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, cctransuk said:

I was merely defending the position of a non-user of Facebook - end of!

But some non-users of Facebook on RMweb (not necessarily your good self) go on to complain that they are missing some information and expect Facebook users to inform them of the details they can't be bothered finding out for themselves by checking said Facebook page   (signing in if necessary).

Edited by Colin_McLeod
  • Agree 2

39 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

But some non-users of Facebook on RMweb (not necessarily your good self) go on to complain that they are missing some information and expect Facebook users to inform them of the details they can't be bothered finding out for themselves by checking said Facebook page   (signing in if necessary).

I'm not a Twitter user but my local bus company is.  It uses Twitter to give up to the minute news about serious traffic issues delaying the service.  As my phone doesn't handle well the bus tracker app they also use (due to display issues) I have bookmarked the Twitter feed so if the bus home is late appearing I can see if there is a reason.  Twice I've been able to go for a cuppa having discovered the bus I've expected has been involved in an accident and that as a result there won't be a bus until the next hour.   The operator's garage is  near the home end of the route about 50 mins away from the far end.

No different in principle to bookmarking a manufacturer's Facebook page to get the updates by periodically looking at it.  You don't have to be a Facebook user or have a Facebook account to do that.

As an aside, why do people insist in driving their cars into the nearside of a bus I'm intending to catch on its next journey?   That has happened to me twice.....

Les

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bishdurham said:

I thought this website was a conduit to inform and exchange views.  If somebody asks a question and somebody else knows the answer, why can't they just write a reply?

I know the answer to that-but I'm not telling you ;) 

• Funny 9

20 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

There are a number of good reasons for not using facebook and certain other platforms which I collectively term as Anti-social Media.

• It is a source of insecurity, albeit mostly self-inflicted, as far too many users publish far more personal information about themselves than is wise, facilitating targeted malware attacks
  • There is a great deal of personal abuse posted by morons concerning other people.  
  • From what I keep hearing from others, there is a lot of general unpleasantness which is causing mental health problems and even suicides amongst the vulnerable.
  • It is clearly being widely used by those who propound conspiracy theories and "fake news".
  • Popular unquestioning acceptance of nonsense circulated through such systems has such results as widespread refusal to be vaccinated against a pandemic and the election of Donald Trump, and it will continue to do the same elsewhere

That does not coincide with my Facebook experiences, but I understand there are other social media sites, such as those run by news media, which may create that misleading impression of Facebook and other sites. 

Edited by Mike Harvey
  • Agree 2

39 minutes ago, Mike Harvey said:

That does not coincide with my Facebook experiences, but I understand there other social media sites, such as those run by news media, which may create that misleading impression of Facebook and other sites. 

I find that there are a large number of groups on Facebook which are good and well regulated! In my use of it I have not and will not accept any friends requests or make any! Use it as a tool and don’t feed it with any stupid information unless you want lots of pretend friends  who you really want to tell what you had for dinner! Remember it’s the internet lies are the norm!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Bishdurham said:

I thought this website was a conduit to inform and exchange views.  If somebody asks a question and somebody else knows the answer, why can't they just write a reply?

On quite a few occasions when writing a reply to a question I've had to look up the answer in a location that was very well signposted and easily accessible to the person who asked the question.

Les

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, Les1952 said:

On quite a few occasions when writing a reply to a question I've had to look up the answer in a location that was very well signposted and easily accessible to the person who asked the question.

Les

I read a good example yesterday. The post linked an announcement from a retailer about the N gauge O&K hoppers from Dapol. The poster speculated that the price could be £50, although his linked page showed the RRP as £39.95, and the retailer’s price as £33.95. We are a long way from the Consett wagons, though I applaud KR Models initiative in producing them.

Edited by Mike Harvey
Missed an apostrophe :-)
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Les1952 said:

Les

How do you know it was easily accessible to someone else?  Would they not have looked there and got their answer if it was?  From the comments on this thread it appears some are more interested in nit picking than helping a fellow human enjoy the hobby.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RBAGE said:

What's all this £10 non-refundable deposit and if the price goes up you agree to pay whatever they say?

I've already been scammed once this month, for £90.

Rails  have £30 of mine, for a NER Autocar for nearly 3 years  . Non refundable deposits !! :ireful: I wont make that mistake again. They ignore emails re the same vehicle as well.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1