KR Models announce the Consett Iron Ore Wagon

KR Models

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, 64F said:

I know that the direct order book is supposedly closed, but nevertheless I managed to pre-order these direct from KR a week ago.

I suspect that RoS would not be happy to hear that. As the order book was supposed to be closed they would assume that any sales after that date would be via themselves not the Commisioner.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

I suspect that RoS would not be happy to hear that. As the order book was supposed to be closed they would assume that any sales after that date would be via themselves not the Commisioner.  

Interesting.  On checking the website I see that there is no link to the page with the OO Consett wagons on it, but a Google search takes you direct to the ordering page.  Maybe it is a mistake and they meant to take it down completely, but I got the normal confirmation email.  Maybe I will email them to check that they will be able to fulfil the order.

3 hours ago, micklner said:

Rails  have £30 of mine, for a NER Autocar for nearly 3 years  . Non refundable deposits !! :ireful: I wont make that mistake again. They ignore emails re the same vehicle as well.

From the Rails pre-ordering page.

PRICE INCREASE

Occasionally the manufacturer will increase the selling price of the product prior to its arrival. Should this happen, we would always try to honour the original price. In the event where this is not possible, you will be contacted to confirm if you wish to accept the new price or cancel the pre-order. If you accept the new price, the order will proceed at the new higher price and will be updated on your pre-order. If you choose not to accept the new price the order is cancelled.

I read this as meaning  you pre-order at £67 for 3 wagons or a fiver more with loads, but if the price goes up, you can say yea or nay.

As for the NER Railcar, I agree it's taking an unduly long time to get here (the same was probably true of the prototype!) and I've been waiting as long as you on that - but I see it as a problem with Heljan rather than Rails. 

I like the KR range and would have ordered several more of their products if only they would deliver what I have already paid for.

• RMweb Gold

Ive always found Rails will do the right thing.

Over 35 years ive bought from them, and its probably heading upto into mid 3 figures the number of items bought through various sales channels.

In that time only once did I need to give them a nudge, The Terrier, and even then they took it over personally and sorted it, including the deposit.

If your intentions are honest I dont think you’d have any issues,  dont forget you have right to return any new rtr item under DSR regardless the pre-purchase requirements, as the item has not been seen by the buyer. additionally a DSR requirement of the seller is to provide a price, which they are not providing at the time of order.

to me a tba is not a barrier, if your truly wanting to buy it. 

if your on the fence about it, then its a perfectly respectable personal choice to wait, but should not a barrier due to their terms and conditions…it just means your undecieded as youve not got a price.

Even if it turned awkward, just buy it and return it.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Ive always found Rails will do the right thing.

Over 35 years ive bought from them, and its probably heading upto into mid 3 figures the number of items bought through various sales channels.

In that time only once did I need to give them a nudge, The Terrier, and even then they took it over personally and sorted it, including the deposit.

If your intentions are honest I dont think you’d have any issues,  dont forget you have right to return any new rtr item under DSR regardless the pre-purchase requirements, as the item has not been seen by the buyer. additionally a DSR requirement of the seller is to provide a price, which they are not providing at the time of order.

to me a tba is not a barrier, if your truly wanting to buy it. 

if your on the fence about it, then its a perfectly respectable personal choice to wait, but should not a barrier due to their terms and conditions…it just means your undecieded as youve not got a price.

Even if it turned awkward, just buy it and return it.

And presumably lose your deposit. This would have been £30 on a rake of 9 wagons.

Price increase is one thing. It's the loss of deposit if you consider any price rise makes them unaffordable that's difficult to accept.

It seems the buyer has to shoulder all the risk and you are expected to issue a blank cheque.

• RMweb Gold

The Rails conditions say that the deposit can be refunded under certain circumstances at the company's discretion.

If it ever happens I would argue with them for a refund if a price adjustment was large. eg a £50 item becoming £80. If the adjustment was small, eg £50 becomes £52, then I would just pay it.

In any event, I understand that a legally  binding contract has to contain an agreed price, or at worst an agreed price "plus a possible increase up to x% "  where the value if x is clearly stated.

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, RBAGE said:

And presumably lose your deposit. This would have been £30 on a rake of 9 wagons.

Price increase is one thing. It's the loss of deposit if you consider any price rise makes them unaffordable that's difficult to accept.

It seems the buyer has to shoulder all the risk and you are expected to issue a blank cheque.

When i had my Terrier troubles I got a full refund, inc deposit and a goodwill voucher.

Just because they are big doesnt mean they are ogres.

ymmv, but my journey has been very good with them.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

When i had my Terrier troubles I got a full refund, inc deposit and a goodwill voucher.

Just because they are big doesnt mean they are ogres.

ymmv, but my journey has been very good with them.

I have to admit, my experience with Rails has always been positive. Service has always been good. I've just never come across this sort of risk deflection approach to sales.

Anyway, Shrek is one of my favourite films. I'm not ogreist.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, RBAGE said:

I've just never come across this sort of risk deflection approach to sales.

Fwiw.. Ive two rakes on order, Both size 9’s feet first..

fully prepaid and no concerns… no £30 risk fears for me… i’m all in.. twice over.. 18 wagons, plus GT3 plus Fell…

jadlam asks for full upfront on their pre-orders, others do deposit on standard rtr stuff… its the way of the future i’m afraid, shops taking orders on trust is a big risk in 2021 and are shrinking in number.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

On 16/09/2021 at 13:33, Bishdurham said:

How do you know it was easily accessible to someone else?  Would they not have looked there and got their answer if it was?  From the comments on this thread it appears some are more interested in nit picking than helping a fellow human enjoy the hobby.

One click from the question five or six posts back in the same topic is the glaring example that shouts out every time I see this argument thrown back......

Les

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Difficult to be absolutely certain but it also looks like there is still an issue with the manual release handles at the ends of the wagons. It looks like they go to the left on both ends of the wagon but at one end they should slope down to the right so both are the same side of the wagon.

Edited by johndon
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

So which size wheels are fitted to these, can KR models comment on this? 

KR seem to be happy to comment elsewhere on RMweb and this might be the different between me picking some up or not, as the ride height will be altered to suit. 

Paul A. 

On 30/10/2021 at 20:02, johndon said:

Difficult to be absolutely certain but it also looks like there is still an issue with the manual release handles at the ends of the wagons. It looks like they go to the left on both ends of the wagon but at one end they should slope down to the right so both are the same side of the wagon.

It looks to me as if the vacuum pipes have been put on upside down as well. Very odd.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

I asked KR Models by e mail and got a prompt reply that the wheels are 12.5mm diameter.

In which case, disapointingly, the wheels are most definitely the wrong size, they should be 10.5mm diameter (Lowmac style)...