KR Models announce the Consett Iron Ore Wagon

KR Models

11 minutes ago, KR Models said:

The wheels are in fact 11.02mm after taking the model apart and checking what size they are. 

Very good to hear, the almost mirror finish in the photos really does make them look bigger than that...

Edited by johndon

15 minutes ago, KR Models said:

Howdy, Mike here

The wheels are in fact 11.02mm after taking the model apart and checking what size they are. 

My fathers email is what he thought the wheels size were, he was obviously mistaken. 

Now everyone has the correct information. 

Our apologies for the misinformation and confusion.

So now that’s the wheels sorted, can you comment on whether the orientation of the release handles on the ends has been corrected? 

John

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, KR Models said:

Howdy, Mike here

My fathers email is what he thought the wheels size were, he was obviously mistaken. 

Now everyone has the correct information. 

Our apologies for the misinformation and confusion.

Great to have that it confirmed that the model has correct size wheels. Thank you KR Models for clarifying.

Edited 30 minutes ago by KR Models

Corrected a number.

LOL that's how rumours start ;)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, johndon said:

I've had an email from KR Models confirming that the end release handles are now both facing towards the same side of the wagon (i.e. facing left at one end and right at the other). :good:

So, is that 18 for you and 9 for me?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 01/03/2022 at 19:35, Mark Hamlin said:

Any sign of these beauties yet? Can’t wait 

Jenny Kirk's Monday video- as of two days ago they were waiting UK customs clearance- the hope was that they would reach the warehouse tomorrow or Friday with distribution starting next week.

Les

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

18 hours ago, Les1952 said:

Jenny Kirk's Monday video- as of two days ago they were waiting UK customs clearance- the hope was that they would reach the warehouse tomorrow or Friday with distribution starting next week.

Les

Great news

• Like 1

Hats off to KR for listening, the end release handles are both the right way round and the vacuum pipes are now the correct way up. 

A couple of the bits are still a bit 'chunky' and the vertical part that the handles pass through on the ends should be open rather than solid but, overall, they look good.  Hoping to get to see some of them in real life later this week.

Edited by johndon
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, adb968008 said:

has the BR Totem not made the cut ?

(It was on the samples).

I believe that some of the packs of wagons have the totem and others don’t as it disappeared from the wagons after a few years. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Got a notification from Royal Mail saying a tracked parcel would be delivered today, I was expecting it to be the class 14 book. The book did arrive, but the tracked parcel was iron ore wagons from KR Models. :D:D:D.  Excellent models. Happy day.

• Like 1