IIA Biomass Hopper, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

In a move that will shock absolutely nobody, we can now reveal our newest wagon project in the Accurascale range; the GBRf IIA Biomass hopper wagon in OO/4mm.

1047371065_AccurascaleIIABiomassEPSample21600px.jpg.2b9fdf98cfb9b1c052f2684c3aad6584.jpg

As you can see from the above image, we are already well advanced at EP stage, and expect decorated samples of this wagon along with the HYA decorated samples in late November 2020. Available in four packs of two wagons with different running numbers, each pack is priced at £74.95 with a rake bundle deal also on offer for all 8 wagons. That's Just £37.48 each per large bogie wagon (or just £33.72 per wagon if you go for the rake bundle deal!) it once again demonstrates that we are the best value for money model railway manufacturer in the business!

1083056868_2020_04.20AccurascaleIIABiomass-GBRf1.jpg.b185c94a74a011a258e1c656c6dead32.jpg

IIA-Biomass-GBRf-VTG-GBayer.jpg.8788a9efd6884656f295e3a4a89919c0.jpg

For prototype and ordering information, check out our blog: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/bio-mass-transit-iia-biomass-wagons-in-00

Delivery is slated for Q2, 2021.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 15
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

In a move that will shock absolutely nobody

Here, we put bets on it as to on how long it would take for these to be announced after you released the HYA.......I lost :-( 

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Nice, although not for me as just outside my timeline. but they look cracking.  At that price point they do represent good value, and are a good development for the hobby, plus proof that there must be a huge, largely untapped market for post steam modelling when companies are committing large sums of money to developments like this.  

Thank goodness for the likes of Accurascale, Cavalex, Revolution, the box-shifter commissioners and others who are prepared to commit serious cash into more modern items.

• Like 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, wombatofludham said:

Nice, although not for me as just outside my timeline. but they look cracking.  At that price point they do represent good value, and are a good development for the hobby, plus proof that there must be a huge, largely untapped market for post steam modelling when companies are committing large sums of money to developments like this.  

Thank goodness for the likes of Accurascale, Cavalex, Revolution, the box-shifter commissioners and others who are prepared to commit serious cash into more modern items.

True. In fact Id go as far as to say that Modern privatisation and current scene must be about as big as the BR transition period that has dominated the market for some time. The amount of Modern wagons, made for this era has quietly been going on for some time, yet all are purchased. This has been noted by a few, but does often tend to get overlooked. Add new companies like you mentioned into the issue and it could deal a serious swipe to a few companies that have missed this shift or left the area open for new ones to move into. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

Brilliant development but not surprising at all. This company is going from strength to strength and will take chunks out of market share of some companies. To one its another body blow as this would have been expected from them too. 

Interestingly enough on my spreadsheet of pre orders AS have probably 60+ percent of all my pre orders.

It has been swung by these and the fact s load of Hornby mk2Fs came last week but yeah.

Having said that it doesn't tell the full story as I have next to nothing on pre order from Bachmann yet in the last month I have bought 3 of their locos.

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Interestingly enough on my spreadsheet of pre orders AS have probably 60+ percent of all my pre orders.

It has been swung by these and the fact s load of Hornby mk2Fs came last week but yeah.

Having said that it doesn't tell the full story as I have next to nothing on pre order from Bachmann yet in the last month I have bought 3 of their locos.

60% ...

ah, thats because Accurascale haven't yet started modern image units....

they’ll get you then.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

2 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

60% ...

ah, thats because Accurascale haven't yet started modern image units....

they’ll get you then.

Oddly enough in the 40% there are a pair of LNER 800s.

Yes if they are reasonably priced I'd be fairly trigger happy with appropriate units. 195 anyone?

5 hours ago, Derails Models said:

Here, we put bets on it as to on how long it would take for these to be announced after you released the HYA.......I lost :-( 

Is the new bet on the shorty HYA hopper?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Widnes Model Centre said:

Hi Fran,

Brilliant announcement as ever. Can we order them to run in a 7-2 formation? Asking for a friend, seems popular at the moment. :rolleyes:

It's tough getting to the top Barry, and even more difficult staying there :lol:

Thank you everyone for your feedback on this one. We were unsure on how the Biomass variant would do and we have already sailed past the 15% of our tentative production run. Needless to say we will be increasing to meet demand.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

The amount of Modern wagons, made for this era has quietly been going on for some time, yet all are purchased.

And that is despite Bachmann, and to an extent Hornby, insisting a lot of the time on doing just one running number at a time/per year. Pretty much everyone else offers several running numbers per batch made. With Bachmann wagons I just have to lump it, but I think all my Dapol, AS and Hornby wagons (and forthcoming Revolution ones) have different numbers from the factory. I think in OO a decent proportion of the HIA fleet are actually available now because of how many numbers Dapol have done.

• RMweb Premium

Well another fantastic announcement, and another fantastic wagon announcement. 

I know that I keep using the same words and phrases a lot on these Accurascale threads but I just can't express how fantastic and striving the company are. They are just unstoppable and considering what has been and still is going on this year, Accurascale haven't let that become a problem and stop them from striving forwards in the development of existing models as well as new models too. What more could we want!?

Would anyone be able to help me please with some of the details regarding operation of the previously announced GBRf HYA Coal Hoppers and this new announcement of the GBRf IIA Biomass Hoppers? 

I have read the announcement in full on the Accurascale website and it says that at least 100 GBRf HYAs Coal Hoppers were converted to IIA Biomass Hoppers between 2009 and 2013. Is the number of IIA hoppers still roughly the same now as it was in 2013 or have further examples been converted? Also can anyone confirm if both the HYA Coal Hoppers and IIA Biomass Hoppers both still remain in operation with GBRf to the present day? If the HYA Coal Hoppers are no longer in service with GBRf can anyone advise as to when they were removed from service? I ask these questions because it will determine as to which wagons out of the HYAs and IIAs that I consider buying and hopefully actually buy (funds dependant). For example, because the IIAs were modified and converted between 2009 and 2013, this is the later and more recent/current wagon out of the original HYA and IIA, and working on the assumption that the modified and converted IIAs will be in service for the foreseeable years to come then this would sway me more to consider buying the converted IIA wagons over the HYA wagons. Finally, can anyone confirm if the GBRf Classes 60s and 66s have worked with both the HYA Coal Hoppers and IIA Biomass Hoppers? Also have either of the GBRf HYAs and/or IIAs been hauled/used by any Freightliner Class 66s and/or 70s?

Sorry for the many questions, and I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could assist with any information. 

Well done again Accurascale, and is the IIA announcement what would have been announced this weekend at the Great Electric Train Show, also coinciding with Aldershot Model Railway Exhibition? Or have we got another one or more new announcements to come this weekend?

Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Danny,

A quick Flickr search will give you plenty of examples of GBRF 66s on HYA trains this year, inclusing “celebrity” locos like Cemex and Thank You NHS. 

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

Hello Fran, Accurascale

I know its early days but do you guys have some idea of how the models will be finished? The graphic illustrates a new build finish in a more aluminium colour with the body welds being discernable as a series of brown lines whereas the prototype photo shows a more darker grey hue. I think the Farish N scale model was released as per the graphic below.

image.png.a411d8960366fe3b52a85dcf2624e791.png

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I'm very happy you have done these. Ordered.

Right Hornby, over to you for a GBRF 60 next year!

But whilst the Hornby one is good and probably isn't as needy as some other items for a new tool - wouldn't you sooner have an AS one (or three)?  I'm sure you would get metal handrails, the correct colours/livery and some other refinements for a similar price - it would just take a little longer.

Best Regards,

C.

• Like 2