IIA Biomass Hopper, By Accurascale

10 hours ago, daz9284 said:

Off topic but the shorty HYA's also worked with the Tarmac JGA's

I am presuming you're on about Tarmac JGA aggregate hoppers rather than the JGA cement wagons (which I think look awesome and would certainly be interesting to me if there was a model):

11/08/2002 - Rylstone Quarry, Cracoe, North Yorkshire.

JGA VTG 11707 wagon seen in the consist of 6H50 Willesden to Tunstead at Dudswell on 22-3-12. Copyright Ian Cuthbertson

81 70 7829 013-4 at northampton

If it's the hoppers as logic would suggest that's interesting to know as I have a load of those. If AS do the short ones I could use them together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2020 at 07:52, TomScrut said:

I am presuming you're on about Tarmac JGA aggregate hoppers rather than the JGA cement wagons (which I think look awesome and would certainly be interesting to me if there was a model):

11/08/2002 - Rylstone Quarry, Cracoe, North Yorkshire.

JGA VTG 11707 wagon seen in the consist of 6H50 Willesden to Tunstead at Dudswell on 22-3-12. Copyright Ian Cuthbertson

81 70 7829 013-4 at northampton

If it's the hoppers as logic would suggest that's interesting to know as I have a load of those. If AS do the short ones I could use them together.

yes the JGA hoppers. I've ever seen or read the cement JGA mixed with hopper wagons

1 hour ago, daz9284 said:

yes the JGA hoppers. I've ever seen or read the cement JGA mixed with hopper wagons

I didn't think there would be a reason for them to be it was just "Tarmac JGA" is a bit ambiguous now there are two completely different types!

2 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I didn't think there would be a reason for them to be it was just "Tarmac JGA" is a bit ambiguous now there are two completely different types!

that's a fair point,  but I thought it would be obvious since we are in a thread about hopper wagons and talking about hopper wagons.

4 minutes ago, daz9284 said:

that's a fair point,  but I thought it would be obvious since we are in a thread about hopper wagons and talking about hopper wagons.

Yeah I was just clarifying though. Could have been a move of empties or anything couldn't it although doubtful as it might be.

5 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Yeah I was just clarifying though. Could have been a move of empties or anything couldn't it although doubtful as it might be.

I should have said working from Rylstone Quarry. However 'working' would mean carrying a commodity or working empty, whereas 'in convoy' would mean a wagon move to a yard etc

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, 7013 said:

Now we have had two GBRf Cl60s announced these are going to be popular.

Definitely. I was hoping for some other biomass wagons to be announced too so I could have 2 60s and two different rakes but it wasn't to be.

I am looking forward to getting these although I expect they may need to be CL66 hauled until the 60s come.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have ordered a rake to go with the 'Helvelyn' I have ordered. I do have a Hornby Capt.Tom 66 and a Hattons Freightliner 66 so I have a choice of traction even if not prototypical 

15 minutes ago, 7013 said:

I have ordered a rake to go with the 'Helvelyn' I have ordered. I do have a Hornby Capt.Tom 66 and a Hattons Freightliner 66 so I have a choice of traction even if not prototypical 

66s do haul them so your Capt Tom I think could be regarded as prototypical (depending how strict you are) even though I don't know if it has actually done that work since the relivery.

I always go on the premise that if an operator could put a loco on a particular train within believability it's prototypical, even if it hasn't happened in real life. But that's just my definition of it.

I have pre ordered both from Hattons in the knowledge I can cancel 95 if there is a concern about colours, 26 in the case it doesn't return to service and I don't lock in to 2020.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, gary_lner said:

Hi guys how are IIA biomass wagons progressing. Just wondering if there is any news following the great looking Mark 5s and deltics that we be seen in the last few weeks.

Regards Gary 

Hi Gary,

We’ll have an update this coming week, likely Tuesday, so keep an eye out for that!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Biomass Appeal!

1883283718_AccurascaleIIABiomassGBRF-2.jpg.f18a4689038cd59fef63961f78b7dd13.jpg

Decorated samples of our IIA Biomass wagons have also arrived for assessment. Once again there are some printed areas missing, and there are tweaks required for colours, but overall they capture the heft and feel of the real wagons very well.

517568886_AccurascaleIIABiomassGBRF-4.jpg.b5e6d23cfa46a61e0113c29c8b732501.jpg

Read more about their progress, price, delivery date and pre-order here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/biomass-appeal-decorated-iia-wagon-samples-unveiled 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

11 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Biomass Appeal!

Decorated samples of our IIA Biomass wagons have also arrived for assessment. Once again there are some printed areas missing, and there are tweaks required for colours, but overall they capture the heft and feel of the real wagons very well.

Read more about their progress, price, delivery date and pre-order here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/biomass-appeal-decorated-iia-wagon-samples-unveiled 

Cheers!

Fran

These look great. Roll on Q2.

Regards

Gary

16 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Biomass Appeal!

Cheers!

Fran

They look awesome....

Sorry for the dumb question, but I've been meaning to ask this for a long time - what are those red lines all over the side of the body?

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

sorry for been a dollar short and a day late, did these get released in Q2? i can see they are still pre-order on the AS web site. If not released yet, is there a delivery date?

Given Hornby now do 60 in GBRF they will make ideal partners to it. 

Just now, jonnyuk said:

sorry for been a dollar short and a day late, did these get released in Q2? i can see they are still pre-order on the AS web site. If not released yet, is there a delivery date?

No, they are coming in the new year IIRC.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jonnyuk said:

Hi @jonnyuk,

They're on the way from China as we speak, update here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/hya-iia-and-cutdown-hya-update-october-2021

Always worth checking the "latest news" section of our website for latest updates on all projects. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on these; we've had to make modifications to the internal packaging as the initial vac form did not protect the wagons adequately, following testing, so each wagon had to be fully repackaged following modifications. These will now be in stock and ready for dispatch in mid January 2022.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We have the production samples in hand now (along with the long and short HYAs) and can show you some of the finer details and tampo printing below. We just wish that ship would hurry up, but these will dock with us in March.

Enjoy!

P1050327.jpg.97796e522d13ba0e2d4c6c712efc9f67.jpg

P1050190.jpg.c0f2a471ba40db7ad9dd65fae810ee14.jpg

P1050207.jpg.bc75d73e850dec514e325c015436becc.jpg

P1050359.jpg.4013baf8cc794460f7f3add7fbbe2b0f.jpg

P1050380.jpg.8887ac6961c65b903ab4211189a9cafb.jpgP1050316.jpg.6173c59b8b5eea230a944e590248d685.jpg

P1050372.jpg.0ebed63ae086619fcaf3101318720eba.jpg

Due to massive demand on pre-order, remaining stock is rather low, so make sure you get your order in to avoid disappointment. https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/iia-biomass-bogie-hoppers

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 2