Marklin-Trix company accounts

maico

I was looking at another company on www.bundesanzeiger.de and thought I'd post up the Marklin figures for 2018/19. (The 2017/18 figures were similar)

Turnover 111.8 million EUR

Profit after taxes 3.8 million

Profits carried forward from previous year 21.2 million

I have 2-rail Trix myself and interestingly it only makes up 10.7 million of income

Income from the Märklin product group 74.5

LGB 9.1
Other income 22.3
Sales deductions -4.8

Sales distribution

Germany 66 million
EU 29.7
Other 16

The company continues to invest in production plant at Göppingen Germany and Györ in Hungary and, apart from toys, pull production from China.

Marklin_39047.1.1.1000.jpg

Edited by maico
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• maico changed the title to Marklin-Trix company accounts

Thank you, Maico!

That is interesting reading. I'm quite a Trix 2-rail fan myself, I might even say they are my favourite brand. 

Interesting they are pulling production from China, I didn't know they were producing there. 

Of my own circle of friends, we actually add to the 'German' sales figures as we find the likes of Lippe so much cheaper than anywhere in the UK sadly, although earlier in the year, I did buy from one UK dealer (not that I spend much these days!).

Cheers,

John.

2 hours ago, Allegheny1600 said:

Thank you, Maico!

That is interesting reading. I'm quite a Trix 2-rail fan myself, I might even say they are my favourite brand. 

Interesting they are pulling production from China, I didn't know they were producing there. 

Of my own circle of friends, we actually add to the 'German' sales figures as we find the likes of Lippe so much cheaper than anywhere in the UK sadly, although earlier in the year, I did buy from one UK dealer (not that I spend much these days!).

Cheers,

John.

These were made in China

https://www.maerklin.de/de/produkte/details/article/39241

https://www.maerklin.de/de/produkte/details/article/37018

Perhaps at the same facility Brawa use for their zinc alloy diecast models

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently bought a couple of Trix Eurorunner diesels and I must say they are superb runners. I am very impressed by the weight and the smooth operation. I know they are not quite as highly detailed as others but the construction is simple and solid with no loose wires and as few moving parts as possible. 

Price-wise they are very competitive too.

• Like 1