JMRI/WiThrottle ‘Ghost’ train movement

Thumper

Hi all,

Been using JMRI via SPROG 3 with the full WiThrottle on my phone for the past week and it’s great. The problem is every now and again, two of my Hornby TTS locos will randomly start moving without selection or any instruction - sometimes functions like the horn will randomly sound. It’s only the TTS decoders which I have this problem with. I also lose control of these particular locos, so performing an emergency stop does nothing. The only way to stop it is to quickly run over to the laptop and turn the JMRI track power switch off. 

Can anyone help fixing this very strange phenomenon please? It seems that they are getting random signals and it usually happens about 5-10 minutes into a running session. My connection is secure and password protected so I’m sure no one is ‘jumping’ in on my running session. 

Many thanks

Jonathan

On 02/02/2018 at 14:48, John ks said:

TTS decoders for my class 67 have arrived a few days ago.

Put the first one in an early version Class 67, IE no provision for speaker

It was working fine on Digitrax DCC with a Hattons decoder

Fitted the decoder & found a place to mount the speaker

Placed it on the track pressed F1 & the sound came on

F2 & the horn sounded, F3 & the other horn sounded, F0 & the lights came on, changed direction & the lights changed accordingly

Opened the throttle & it started to move

That’s when it refused to obey any more instructions & kept going at it last throttle setting.

Power off & on returned it to normal until I opened the throttle again & it again refused to obey any more instructions

Disconnected the capacitor next to the motor, no change

Then I remembered a post where it was suggested that all inductors & capacitors in the motor circuit should be removed.

I did this & now it is working ok.

I have a class 43 HST That I fitted with TTS & it had a similar problem and a similar fix

John

I had what sounds like a similar problem & fixed it by removing the suppression capacitors & inductor next to the motor

John