Can anyone help me sell stuff on RMweb?

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, 6990WitherslackHall said:

I'm trying to sell some old Hornby plastic buildings that I no longer need. I'm going to see if I can sell them on here but I don't know how to.

Can you help?

James

The first thing is you need to pay up and become a Gold member as only they have the ability to sell stuff on the site (you don't need to be a gold member to purchase things)

You can sign up for Gold membership here https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/store/digital-archive/british-railway-modelling

• Thanks 3

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Paul Cram said:

"(you don't need to be a gold member to purchase things)"

Are you sure about that? I tried to buy something and got a messeage saying I didn't heve the correct permissions.

I haven't purchased anything myself, but my understanding was when the Gold membership was launched that as an ordinary member I can still browse the classified section and make purchases if I wished.

If I am mistaken I'm sure someone will be along shortly to set the record straight.

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Paul Cram said:

Are you sure about that? I tried to buy something and got a messeage saying I didn't heve the correct permissions.

The adverts can only be placed by a Gold member, but transactions should be via PM ( or email) so separate to membership level.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 6990WitherslackHall said:

I'm trying to sell some old  rare and very collectable Hornby plastic buildings that I no longer need. I'm going to see if I can sell them on here but I don't know how to.

Can you help?

James

Hope that helps ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 5

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Paul Cram said:

I have checked your permissions and tested it - you have access. If you still have a problem clear any RMweb cookies and browsing history.

15 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

You forgot.... L@@K

You missed CODE 3!!!

A quite legitimate description when used properly in the diecast world.

Code 3

A code 3 item is a model modified by a third party without the consent or knowledge of the original manufacturer, Code 3 items covered on this site are generally produced by professional commercial modelers or companies and are usually finished to an equal or higher quality than the standard release code 1 & code 2 models.

http://modelbuszone.co.uk/efe/code2/code2def.html#:~:text=A code 3 item is,release code 1 %26 code 2

Usually on eBay this means painted a rusty colour with a yard brush. :laugh:

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Funny 1