Class 73/9, by Accurascale and KMS Railtech

KMS Railtech

Lol you guys were obviously monitoring/reading the Accurascale MK5 thread, see this as a given and well done for taking the initiative and hope it goes ahead.

I'll be in for the Network Rail variants and maybe the GBRf if finances permit...signed up!

Edited by classy52
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Hmmm - 2x Network Rail for starters.

Not quite sure how they could have more than two running numbers for the minions............... :P

Possibly another 2x GBRf for other test train use............

My interest has been expressed.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 4

Whilst I aren't filling the form out because I want to do a bit more research, a CS one would be of appeal if I buy the coaches, and I want to read a bit more about the NR ones first operationally to decide if they are relevant.

I will have 4 class 37s suitable for my MK2 test train, do I need a 73 or two as well? Probably not, but that certainly doesn't seem to stop me!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Hmmm - 2x Network Rail for starters.

Not quite sure how they could have more than two running numbers for the minions............... :P

Possibly another 2x GBRf for other test train use............

My interest has been expressed.

Does it actually state the Minions are being produced? As you know they are completely different to the other 73/9’s.

cheers

Shane

• Agree 2

Well that settles my plans on whether or not to bother with a CS mk5 pack!

Fantastic announcement that's very welcome with me! Shall have to splash more cash on an Inverness pack... 

Damn you spending even more of my money 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Wolf27 said:

Does it actually state the Minions are being produced? As you know they are completely different to the other 73/9’s.

cheers

Shane

One would hope so - as they have said Network Rail.

I await confirmation that they will be different from the Brush rebuilds for GBRf

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Wolf27 said:

cheers

Shane

13 minutes ago, newbryford said:

One would hope so - as they have said Network Rail.

I await confirmation that they will be different from the Brush rebuilds for GBRf

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there only two 73/9's currently wearing the Network Rail livery, 73951 & 73952 thus would have to be them that are being done with correct tooling I would think.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there only two 73/9's currently wearing the Network Rail livery, 73951 & 73952 thus would have to be them that are being done with correct tooling I would think.

Hence the tongue out in my post...................

I'm totally sure that KMS and Accurascale know that the Minions are very different beasts.

• RMweb Gold

Oh wow...

of course the two easiest trains for GBRf 73/9’s in 2020 would be...

RHTT...

DD6E9E45-16A4-4456-90CD-575293674391.jpeg.5f10d3eccf7dd87957a6dc4a5729f352.jpeg

(Photo taken this morning in Tonbridge... no less than 8 class 73’s were present.. and 17 locos overall !)

and..

Network Rail Test trains...

4289A0B4-F0E7-401D-AA51-0CA605D44FBF.jpeg.4319646dbafdb7e96ce5f12be8765b56.jpeg

Last month in South Croydon.

I think these would be very interesting to model, they've covered most of the country, are a favourite for railtours... last night they even went through Thameslink.

Tonbridge is there hang out, on a sunday morning, theres been a bunch of them (and 73/1 & (73/2).

i’ll be in for 4... CS x2 and GBRF x2.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Hence the tongue out in my post...................

I'm totally sure that KMS and Accurascale know that the Minions are very different beasts.

You didn't give any tongue in your post which I quoted :P

Edited by classy52

I was just looking at Accurascale MK5’s earlier for the Fort William Portion (especially with that pack revised for the workings since first announced) and the lack of a 73/9 to match has been holding me back. I only need the one with sound for Rannoch but it would look great. Really hope this is goes ahead with the guys at KMS.

All the best

Mark

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

There seems to be a bit of differences between the GBRF class 73/9’s too..

The scottish ones have less cabling on the front (and no shoes), plus dellners & ploughs

you get to see both bodysides between 73963 & 73961 here..

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

There seems to be a bit of differences between the GBRF class 73/9’s too..

The scottish ones have less cabling on the front (and no shoes), plus dellners & ploughs

A00D22C0-D69F-42B8-952B-39299889439B.jpeg.b0aaa4d3b57ab9d9b1caa9c635425b45.jpeg

1101CF82-025A-49CA-9793-F33249CB261C.jpeg.acf9bd75adc07ba3a3f1e0575bde3766.jpegC14F3243-FFBA-4F22-98E3-5B90E143FB7D.jpeg.539b1c56e37f4b4148127828cfec90e2.jpeg
you get to see both bodysides between 73963 & 73961 here..

Not forgetting some have see through middle windscreens etc. 

AIUI quite a few differences.

Great venture