Class 73/9, by Accurascale and KMS Railtech

KMS Railtech

• RMweb Premium

This has gone very quiet. The Mk5's are inching forwards and it would be nice for these to be not too far behind?

I wonder if KMS are waiting for Model Rail Scotland 2022 (late Feb) for a final push before committing?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, E100 said:

This has gone very quiet. The Mk5's are inching forwards and it would be nice for these to be not too far behind?

I wonder if KMS are waiting for Model Rail Scotland 2022 (late Feb) for a final push before committing?

They are maybe already on with it. It's a long time now since AS announced anything that wasn't in the advanced stages (tooling samples at least).

8 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

This threads had 22k views, the class 37/4 thread has 11k…

it seems to be winning on the interest stakes..

That's probably because most of the activity for the 37/4 happens in the main 37 thread (I aren't really sure why it has its own thread TBH).

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

And Fran had a day off the other day so it will have had a big effect on things in general,that must be two this year.........

nah we only gave him a half day the last time! 

Edited by McC
  • Like 1
  • Funny 11

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Everyone,

Just a very quick update on this one. Unfortunately we will no longer be working on this project. 

We wish KMS Railtec all the best with it in finding it a new home and every success with it he project when it comes to market in the future.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Everyone,

Just a very quick update on this one. Unfortunately we will no longer be working on this project. 

We wish KMS Railtec all the best with it in finding it a new home and every success with it he project when it comes to market in the future.

It is a real shame this project has faltered. 

Unfortunately the lack of updates and positivity towards the project did not bode well. 

The 73/9's are part of the current motive power scene from the South of England to Scotland and in between. 

They certainly deserve a state of the art model which I feel Accurascale would have provided for KMS Railtec and still can as part of the Accurascale range I believe. 

Having seen the Caley Sleeper 73/9's in the Highlands I was looking forwards to this model appearing to run with the Accurascale Mk5 Sleeper coaches. 

Here's hoping we will see this distinctive and charactermastic class of locomotives available in 4mm scale eventually. 

Thanks to Accurascale for the long awaited and not too surprising update. 

Cheers, 

Mark 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Oh dear that's really not great news. I do hope someone else picks this up as they are critical for use with the highland mk5's on smaller layouts. I'm quite surprised they haven't picked up enough interest since they are all over the place on all different sorts of things, many of which are already/soon to be in model form. I maintain that it's a natural Accurascale product and it wouldn't surprise me if they were to create this as a non-KMS exclusive once an acceptable time has elapsed and confirming that KMS are not looking to do this with an alternative manufacture.

The expression of interest form is still on the website. Assuming they're at Model Rail Scotland I'll politely ask what the situation is to try and glean information unless they post here.

Another thought is that this may have been a victim of covid. My understanding is that KMS normally do visit a number of shows. The lack of shows has probably had a big impact on it's publicity and therefore viability.

Edited by E100
Extra thoughts
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

UPDATE:

We were hoping we could "let the cat out the bag" with a little more detail! However, while, as Fran says, the 73/9 is not going ahead with Accurascale, this is due to the number of projects on their horizon and not due to lack of interest in this model. 

Our aim is to give more details on our stand at Model Rail Scotland at the end of February (however this will now be a bit less of a surprise!). 

While we were initially disappointed to learn that Accurascale could no longer produce the model, we are confident we have now found a manufacturer who will offer the same exacting standards we are looking for in this model.

We would encourage you to continue to fill in the EOI form HERE

Team KMS

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

UPDATE:

We were hoping we could "let the cat out the bag" with a little more detail! However, while, as Fran says, the 73/9 is not going ahead with Accurascale, this is due to the number of projects on their horizon and not due to lack of interest in this model. 

Our aim is to give more details on our stand at Model Rail Scotland at the end of February (however this will now be a bit less of a surprise!). 

While we were initially disappointed to learn that Accurascale could no longer produce the model, we are confident we have now found a manufacturer who will offer the same exacting standards we are looking for in this model.

We would encourage you to continue to fill in the EOI form HERE

Team KMS

• Like 7

• AY Mod locked this topic