Hornby R3291XS Colas 56 - What decoder?

SWT442

Evening all,

I'm after some advice if possible.

I've got the model as mentioned in the title, which I picked up as a renumbered example a few years ago. It didn't come with the decoder manual, and I picked it up when I was starting out with DCC and was one of the first sound models that I purchased. I ended up changing the speaker in it for one that gave a better quality of sound. The decoder has recently been reblown with some Legomanbiffo files as the Hornby ones were a bit naff, and it now sounds like a proper screaming Grid!

But, I changed the speaker long before I knew that certain decoders needed a certain impedance of speaker connected to them. Having searched about I'm led to believe that the factory fitted decoder is a Loksound V3.5, which looking on ESU's website requires a 100 ohm speaker. I've searched for what a V3.5 looks like, and it doesn't seem to look like the decoder I have, the decoders that look the same are V4's. I found one chart that showed it as a V43. No doubt the physical look of the decoder isn't the best way to determine what it is, as the layout of components can no doubt change, but it was the only thing I could think of! The current speaker fitted to the model is 4 ohm, which a V4 can take.

Can anyone confirm what decoder was fitted to this model, so I can make sure the correct type of speaker is used? I've no idea where the speaker I removed from it went, so can't use that as a guide. I've attached a couple of pictures of the decoder in case it's of any use!

DSC_3371.JPG.5048c80da1d05e1c67556c018697675a.JPG

DSC_3372.JPG.f9943f32e1ffb5d1bf992aa816180e6d.JPG

Any help greatly appreciated!

Andy.